Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q75T

(Topic created on: 13-09-2020 02:51 PM)
Candyaplred
Student
Options

one day old Q75T shuts off after 30 mins...tried every troubleshooting suggestion under the sun!!

Will turn back on after recycling power then after 30 mins turns back off

HELP!!!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Candyaplred: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you try heading to Settings > General > Eco Solution, and disabling any active features here, such as 'Auto Power Off'. Also, head to Settings  General > System Manager > Time, and disable Sleep Timer and Off Timer if applicable. I'd also recommend checking for any available updates for the TV by going to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. If you have any external devices connected to the TV, please remove any connections to ensure that the issue isn't stemming from an external source. 

0 Likes
Candyaplred
Student
Options

Thank you for your suggestions...sleep timer & off timer were already disabled...adjusted eco

Software update showed no updates available but...shows 1301....samsung.com shows 1301.5..tb8nk that would help?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Candyaplred: I'm seeing version 1304.0 on our website, so you may wish to attempt an update via USB stick to see if this helps at all. With this in mind please follow the link below and look for Upgrade File (USB Type) ver 1304.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE), download it to a USB stick and follow the steps provided in the Firmware Update User Manual, available just below the update file.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q75TATXXU/

0 Likes
Candyaplred
Student
Options

Well Andrew...software is updated...max watch time is 30 mins....when it shuts down the audio sounds similar to a CD that is skipping...rapid noise then a shut down....will try to turn back on...tv becomes totally unresponsive then shuts down

0 Likes
Gaspo1
Pioneer
Options

Return it and get a new one!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Candyaplred: Thank you for trying that. If the issue is persistent then I recommend returning the TV to it's default factory settings by heading to Settings > General > Reset, and enter your security PIN when prompted (default is 0000, or 1234). This will remove any personal data and account info from the TV, but should hopefully resolve your current issue. 

0 Likes
Candyaplred
Student
Options

We've done that too...☹️😭

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Candyaplred: Sorry to hear that. If the issue has persisted following a factory reset, and the TV is only a day old, I recommend contacting the retailer directly to enquire about obtaining a refund or replacement, as you are within the 30 day returns period. I understand that this is far from ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Candyaplred
Student
Options

We are swapping this 70 lb. beast out....what a frustrating experience...will update later after tv #2 is connected....this is no easy task to swap out

I am extremely grateful for your help  Andrew

0 Likes