Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70T Subtitles

(Topic created on: 24-12-2020 03:40 AM)
Adrian50
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to watch some movies on an USB flash drive although i have captions and subtitles turned on in settings, while im in the player i dont even have the option to choose subtitles only audio language and information, i have .srt files on the stick and the mkv format has engraved subtitles on it why doesnt it recognizes them, i have the latest software update

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
mijoeldotor
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with a brilliant new Q70A. All srt do not work. The mkv and the subtitle are named the same. A very few embedded subtitles on some mkv can play. I have on setting "subtitle on". When playing, down right corner show "option" and I only get "rotate" and "information". 

0 Likes
mijoeldotor
First Poster
Options

Solved!!. After researching here and the web, I finally could make the TV play the subtitle. The internal Samsung player only works with embedded Unicode (UTF-8 in my case). I could not make it work when played on VLC or MPHC, when you have a mkv file, and then other srt file with the same name. So, you need to use MKVToolNix Gui in order to multiplex the mkv file and the sub. When you add the files in the source file, then go down to codec and highlight the sub you just added. Go to properties (right) and name the language in "track name", choose a Language, and the MOST important, in "Subtitle and chapter properties", set UTF-8 on "Character set. 

0 Likes