Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Xbox 360 HDMI "No signal"

(Topic created on: 11-09-2019 03:58 PM)
erichloob
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

Recently I bought a QE55Q70RATXXH qled TV from Samsung. When I connect my Xbox 360 to the tv via HDMI, it says "No signal" on the TV.

The Xbox works fine on every other display I've tried (1080p monitor and another 4K TV from Philips). The HDMI ports on the TV also seem to function perfectly when connecting either a PC or Mac.

My ideas are running out. Could someone shed some light on this issue, has anyone else encountered this?

Things I've tried:
1) All HDMI ports (checked all ports with other devices to see that they indeed work)
2) Different cables
3) Game mode on/off, Input signal plus on/off and other settings that I found on the TV

4) Updating TVs firmware
5) All kinds of settings on the Xbox (also the settings that worked on the Philips TV)

6) Power button long-hold

Thank you!

52 REPLIES 52
EL ALAMI HAMZA
Mastermind
Options

Hi @erichloob 

Are UHD COLOR settings enabled or disabled ?

erichloob
Journeyman
Options
@EL ALAMI HAMZA wrote:

Hi @erichloob 

Are UHD COLOR settings enabled or disabled ?

Hi @ELALAMI

Thanks for answering!

I can't find UHD Color settings anywhere in my TV. I looked it up, it's supposed to be under Settings-Picture Settings-Expert Settings. It has something to do with HDR, correct? Perhaps my models (I think it's 2019 model) equivalent to this is "Input Signal Plus"? This is currently turned off (but I've also tried it when on). My TV-s firmware version is 1315 and the "Input Signal Plus" settings is under General Settings-External Device Manager.

Only settings under Expert Settings are as follows: Backlight, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Colour, Tint (G/R), Apply Picture Settings, Digital Clean View, Auto Motion Plus Settings, Local Dimming, Contrast Enhancer, Film Mode, Colour Tone, White balance, Gamma, RGB Only Mode and Colour Space Settings. I accessed these settings while in the HDMI source that's connected to the Xbox.

Thanks again and let me know, if I can provide any more info.

Erich

0 Likes
Madona
First Poster
Options

I have faced the same kind of problem which is not being desolved by me. So if anyone can suggest will be highly appreciated . You can go to my link which is Page .

0 Likes
EL ALAMI HAMZA
Mastermind
Options

Yes exactly you are right :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:.
you have an idea about the settings of the xbox you are in 60p?

erichloob
Journeyman
Options

@EL ALAMI HAMZA wrote:

Yes exactly you are right :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:.
you have an idea about the settings of the xbox you are in 60p?

I'm sorry, but what do you meam by 60p? If you mean the xbox resolution, then I've tried all possible options (480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p etc). I've also tried turning on/off the "Display Discovery" feature on the xbox, but it did not help.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
erichloob
Journeyman
Options

My bad, I think by 60p you meant the frame rate. I haven't found an explicit setting for the frame rate. Although, when choosing a resolution, say 1080p, then as to my understanding it automatically sets it for 60p. And then automatically to 50p (and asks, if the image is displayed correctly or not and if I want to keep the settings). So if I haven't done anything wrong, then I must have tested both 50p and 60p.

0 Likes
EL ALAMI HAMZA
Mastermind
Options

That's quite right.
yes that's what it meant
for me it's a problem of resolution between xbox and television.
but it's really weird as a problem 

0 Likes
Argolino
Journeyman
Options

Hello, have you solved the problem with xbox 360? Thanks

0 Likes
erichloob
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

No, unfortunately not. I tried absolutely everything. I even tried different capture cards etc as an intermediary, but nothing. I think these two were not meant to work together. 

Tried contacting both Samsung and Xbox support. Samsung blamed Xbox and Xbox blamed Samsung :D. So yeah, nothing came from that...

Hope you can find a way and get it working somehow. I gave up and bought another console.

Good luck!

0 Likes