Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R TV with Sony Dolby Atmos HT-G700 soundbar

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 06:36 PM)
Jc244
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

i have these two items and am trying in vain to get the connection I want. 

in Samsung tv sound expert settings is the option to select pcm, Dolby digital or Dolby digital +. 

I am connected with hdmi on arc port. 

no matter what I do I cannot get the tv to make available Dolby digital or digital + for me to select them. as such, I cannot get an atmos signal to my atmos capable soundbar. 

ive tried Samsung live support but got nowhere.

really hope someone out there might be able to offer me some wise advice

thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
Snake-Frite
Student
Options

Hi,

Same issue here. The soundbar is connecter on Optical and i've connected my PS5 like that : TV (ARC port) -> soundbar -> PS5. I can't select the Dolby Digital + mode. When i reset both devices, i only can select Dolby Digital one time, it changes by itself for PCM after...

I've bought this soundbar because my old one doesn't worked on optical with the TV (whereas that worked fine with my PS4 on Optical... so the cable AND the soundbar was good...).

I hope someone can help here, thanks !

0 Likes
Jc244
Apprentice
Options

Hi mine works ok now!  I realised that the atmos options only appear if the broadcast contains atmos sound. If I use the Netflix app on the tv and I select a movie with atmos, atmos is available on the bar and in the options. Otherwise it’s greyed out. Slightly confusing but works. I’m hdmi connected. I would say that I’ve yet to experience anything that I’d describe as remotely enveloping sound but the quality of sound is nevertheless very good. 

Snake-Frite
Student
Options

Sorry I'm late ! Thank you very much for your answer :smiling-face: 

0 Likes