Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R fading to black after power on

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 03:25 PM)
flurians
First Poster
Options

Hello all.

I have had this 55” Q70R for just over a year with no issues until last night, when the screen faded to black, as if the panel had been broken. 

Since then, the TV has been stuck in a boot loop, with the screen ‘burning out’ as soon as the UI appears. I am led to believe that the issue is not related to the panel as everything is fine for the first few seconds.

I have tried the obvious - unplugging etc, to no avail. Has anyone else had experience with this issue?

I have uploaded a video of the issue here. 

Regards

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
obitv
Pathfinder
Options

I believe this is a main board fault, use samsung support to arrange a board replacement repair for you if within warranty or use the website for authorised repair centers for out of warranty repair.

I have seen this  issue on the qe55Q60R using AUO screens (Version 2) 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@flurians: Based on the nature of your issue, and the troubleshooting steps you're attempted, I recommend reaching out to one of our Support Centres to arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code. Please be aware that our standard warranty runs for 12 months from the purchase date, therefore a charge may be applicable to cover the cost of the service. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
Sam-fux
Student
Options

Hi, did you resolve this issue or did you just get a new TV? 
my QLED 55” started doing the same recently and Samsung not interested so I’m looking to fix myself. 
Thanks

0 Likes