Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Ethernet speed & cable

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 10:21 PM)
Krugie
Apprentice
Options

Am I correct in saying the Ethernet port on the Q70R is only Fast Ethernet (up to 100Mbps) and not Gigabit (up to 1Gbps)? I've done extensive searching but I can't seem to find anything more than speculation and discussions hinting that all the Samsung TVs only have 100Mbps ports? For anything faster that that one would need to use WiFi?

Why then in the eManual does it specify that CAT 7 STP Ethernet cables be used? This is just a total waste of money when CAT 5E will do the same job?

7 REPLIES 7
oldTechGeek
First Poster
Options

i would have to agree that it is only a 10/100 ethernet card. in plex, my streams never go above 100mbps and i notice it buffers. connected just now to wifi and i see usage going above 150mbps..

very sad that samsung puts a 10/100 ethernet port in a 4K HDR tv when video streams can go over 100mbps easily w/4K HDR and transcoding.  the wifi adapter does seem pretty solid as a side note though.  yup. just saw a spike to 189mbps on wifi so def feel its fast ethernet and NOT gigabit.

Guillermo987
First Poster
Options

Has anyone tried using a gigabit ethernet USB adapter ?

Members_JLpXSSk
First Poster
Options

I'd love to hear more on this aswell

Perik
Student
Options

That is what I will try to do the coming week - try to connect a USB dongle with 1 Gbps ethernet. 
I have a QE65Q900R 8k TV, also with a 100 Mbps ethernet in the OneConnect box. Ridiculous :smiling-face: 

Any results to share? 

0 Likes
Mjohns
First Poster
Options

Just tried with a USB3 gigabit adapter and it refuses to see it. only options I have through my TV at least are Wired and Wireless!
Quite annoying to see that one 100mbit link on my edge switch

0 Likes
ELowas77
First Poster
Options

While that appears, apparently on android eleven for pixel os, there's an choice within the strength menu that pops up and also you acquire cats via various treats with this article. Like the old android easter egg (Android eight??)

0 Likes
ScottCalifornia
First Poster
Options

I was surprised to see the 10/100 mpbs on my Netgear router when connecting to my Samsung The Frame One Connect box. Love the cat tray idea! Works great at my home office while I fight partition actions in California (not the hard drive type of partitions)! 

0 Likes