Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70A: HDMI switches, receivers and HDMI custom settings

(Topic created on: 17-06-2022 08:58 AM)
Ladyfingers
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I've just bought myself an 85" Q70A after 14 years with a Sony 1080p set and because I have a lot of devices and an ancient NAD receiver, I'll be using an HDMI switch and  eARC audio extractor to get sound back to the receiver.

TVs have moved on a lot since I bought my current set, so I wanted to check if I understand things correctly.

I see that there are multiple picture modes, like Gaming Mode and Filmmaker Mode that decrease input lag and so on by removing processing, and because all my devices will be going through the switch, I wondered if the TV could still identify devices so I didn't have to manually change mode when switching from PlayStation to Blu-ray player.

Or, even simpler, can Gaming Mode and Filmmaker Mode be on simultaneously and permanently so I don't have to worry about optimising the picture for each device?

I would really like the TV to just act like a computer monitor, I suppose, with one setting for all SDR content and one setting for all HDR content, as little lag as possible, with accuracy being the priority. Nothing I own requires "enhancement" of any sort.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, no, you will need to manually change the profile since there is no way that I know of to do what you want to do albeit a really good idea.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ladyfingers: To get the setup you're after, you would have to plug the individual external devices into the available HDMI ports. This will allow you to assign bespoke picture settings to the relevant device, depending on which source is selected. 

0 Likes