Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70 light effects on top of screen when background is light.

(Topic created on: 24-02-2020 05:36 PM)
Stev22
First Poster
Options

I have a new 49" Q70 and I have noticed a strange light pattern across the top of the picture especially  when the background is light ie blue sky. It seem every inch or so there is a bright section that's comes from the top of the screen down , has anyone else noticed this or have any suggestions for a setting to resolve this, it appears on al

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Stev22! Can you send us a picture of the screen with the issue happening? Also, restore the Picture Settings to default by heading to: Menu > Settings > Picture > Expert settings > Reset picture.

0 Likes
Stev22
First Poster
Options

Hi CarloL 

ive tried to take a picture but it's not coming out very well. The effect I am seeing is just as though there are a dozen or so leds in the upper section of the TV bezel that are illuminated that is giving a bright spot , its an even pattern across the whole width of the screen. I've reset the picture and tried various settings but it's the same what ever I do, if the picture is dark you don't really  notice it as much but if it's white or very light it's more prominent as you can see a darker shadow every couple of inches or so. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Morning, @Stev22. Can you tell me the full model number of your TV (located on the back on a white sticker) and when and where you purchased it?

0 Likes
Stev22
First Poster
Options

Hi CarlH

It's QE49Q70RATXXU, and I purchased it from an local independent TV & HIFI centre in Bromsgrove in the West Midlands. 

0 Likes
Stev22
First Poster
Options

Hi CarlH 

reassessing the issue I think it's actually dark shadows across the top of the picture and not bright spots , I've tried all sorts of settings and nothing sorts it. I think the next step is to contact the retailer to ask them to come and see it and get their opinion. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Let us know what they say, @Stev22.

0 Likes
Cinemads
First Poster
Options

Hi Steve

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

You can also do a Picture Test just to make sure that from a technical point of view everything is fine: 

press the Menu button > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture test > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Picture Test and check if the screen is still displaying these shadows.

0 Likes
Cinemads
First Poster
Options

Hi

Thanks for contributing but I did the test and the shadows are still showing. The menu refers to technical support. IMG_20200412_115804.jpg

0 Likes