Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7 Series, blocked on Middle East?

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 09:18 AM)
tomasteran
First Poster
Options

Hello, Community.

I bought a Samsung Q7 series almost 3 years ago in the UAE (Middle East). I could manage to change the country on my TV to US to enjoy apps such as Disney, HBO, Hulu, etc.. However there are certain restrictions or limitations with the WIFI connections or providers in the country and the apps doesn't work without a VPN.

The main question on this post is IF I am able to install an VPN on my router, there is an specific hardware or firmware restriction on my TV that still can not allow me to enjoy this streaming platforms? I mean, internally at the TV that I should be aware of.

Regards,

Tomas. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @tomasteran ,

our products hardware and software may differ from one region to another, translating into some restrictions and limitations, we're afraid. For further information about whether you will be able to use this outside the country where it was purchased please contact our team there: https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
lukami
First Poster
Options

hi bro, what VPN do you use on your router? I'm now considering to pay for a VPN still to unblock some foreign streaming services... But it's really hard me to choose between so many vpn names...

0 Likes