Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q6DT TV random alert/notification sounds

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 05:00 AM)
MillC
First Poster
Options

I have a Q6DT 55 inch television and I keep getting random alert/notification sounds. It's driving me insane!  I have tried calling Samsung twice,  the notification alerts and the sounds in expert settings have both been turned off. On my last call, the Samsung tech remoted into my tv and tried to help, the final answer was that the sound is a normal part of the tv. This can't be right, the tv makes the sound when I turn it on and also at random times when watching a show. Any help would be appreciated.

40 REPLIES 40
jphelps2630
First Poster
Options

Yup. Me too. Random notification sounds on a new Q80T. Most annoying. Don't know if it's the sound bar or the TV.

0 Likes
SherB
Journeyman
Options

Update!

I deleted the SmartThing app from my Galaxy S8 phone on the same day I posted my first comment 2 days ago/Sunday... guess what no more sound notification, I noticed the difference that day!! So happy now cause that was annoying and startling sometimes. I couldn't pin down what it was notifying me about or the frquency, but I wonder if it had anything to do with the recent Android phone update? Hmmmm... either way I'm happy and don't plan to reinstall the app!

0 Likes
engrjoe
First Poster
Options

I have a new QLED 90T that is making periodic dings.  I have until Jan 16 to return to BB store.  If it continues I will return.  The software/firmware seems to be unstable and buggy.  We have iPhones and have removed the SmartThings app.

For example when you turn the TV off the TV should the TV should startup on the last App that was open.  Instead it starts up on the dumb free Samsung network.  Why would I buy a nice TV and watch that it.

0 Likes
engrjoe
First Poster
Options

If it is not to late you should return it.  The Samsung tech is incorrect.

0 Likes
Mrkroll
First Poster
Options

The TV doing this noise when receiving some vibration. If I use just the TV sound it works OK but when I use sound bar with loud grave it's starts. If I walk beside the TV the sound starts again... I have no idea how to fix it. 

0 Likes
Johnny15
Journeyman
Options

I found this two-tone alert to be linked to Alexa. It activated when I had an Amazon item out for delivery which sends a notification to Alexa and causes TV to make alert sound. I went to Alexa App on phone - settings - notifications - Amazon Shopping -delivery notifications and turned them all off. This stopped the alert sounds on my Samsung TV.

Wadgey
Student
Options

Having the same problem with a new Frame TV but may have found the solution. Go to the Alexa app on your phone. Select ‘Devices’. Select your TV in the list. Check the ‘Do not disturb’ option. Good luck. 

0 Likes
RTA2210
Apprentice
Options
did you fix this problem mine does it when ever I bang on the floor or walk near the tv
0 Likes
Wadgey
Student
Options

Yes, but I also turned off notifications in the Alexa app. I wasn’t seeing the problem when I walked past the TV though. 

0 Likes
RTA2210
Apprentice
Options
is the alexa app on the tv ? main settings ? thank you I'll try it
0 Likes