Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q6DT TV random alert/notification sounds

(Topic created on: 20-12-2020 09:19 PM)
MillC
First Poster
Options

I have a Q6DT 55 inch television and I keep getting random alert/notification sounds. It's driving me insane!  I have tried calling Samsung twice,  the notification alerts and the sounds in expert settings have both been turned off. On my last call, the Samsung tech remoted into my tv and tried to help, the final answer was that the sound is a normal part of the tv. This can't be right, the tv makes the sound when I turn it on and also at random times when watching a show. Any help would be appreciated.

40 REPLIES 40
Wadgey
Student
Options

No. The Alexa app on your phone. Turn off all notifications in Settings/Notifications/Amazon Shopping

0 Likes
rlikis
First Poster
Options

I uninstalled the app on my Smartthings iphone 8+ and believe this cured the erratic bong noise. 

0 Likes
StevenTheRed
First Poster
Options

I have an 85" QLED I bought a month ago, and I would get a two-tone notification sound at least once per hour. It took me forever to realize it was an Amazon Alexa notification noise, because I didn't have an Alexa device. (Google search for video of the Alexa notification sound, to make sure that's the same sound you hear.) If you're in fact hearing an Alexa notification, you can get the Amazon Alexa app for your phone, and change notification settings. For me, I was able to stop the noise by turning off all Amazon Alexa shopping notifications. 

0 Likes
nitpicker
Apprentice
Options

If anyone has figured out the source of the random 2 tone notification sounding noise, please share. I've tried most of the suggestions here to no avail. 

0 Likes
nitpicker
Apprentice
Options

Nevermind the above post. I've figured it out. 

0 Likes
stephenjf
First Poster
Options

My TV was doing the same,if the TV has an Alexa built in the noise is to say you have a notification,you have to ask Alexa to check your notifications and it informs you what it is and then you won't have that noise going off 

nitpicker
Apprentice
Options

Stephen, 

Thank you.  That is exactly what it is!  I thought I solved the issue when I realize that the Xfinity cable box reset with my new T.V. and I noticed with the reset, all notifications were turned on. I thought turning those off solved it. 

This morning the "2-tones" started again. After deleting the Alexa app on my phone...peace. 

Thanks again. 

0 Likes
Skrapi
Student
Options

I had a Q6DT TV random alert that I was able to stop by blocking the TV on my router.  Since the TV is hard wired ethernet, there was no reason to have it on my router's wifi network.

Sailor288
First Poster
Options

Just replying to anyone with this problem. We found out what this is. It is Alexa giving you a message notification. Just say Alexa check messages and it gives you your message and then stops. So only when there is a message waiting will this happen. 

0 Likes
SherB
Journeyman
Options

I just learned this too!!! I didn't associate the two because my family were the one using Alexa, while I wasn't. Then I noticed my Alexa Show and my TV made the same noise when there was notification of a delivery!!!

0 Likes