Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q6DT TV random alert/notification sounds

(Topic created on: 11-09-2020 07:48 PM)
MillC
First Poster
Options

I have a Q6DT 55 inch television and I keep getting random alert/notification sounds. It's driving me insane!  I have tried calling Samsung twice,  the notification alerts and the sounds in expert settings have both been turned off. On my last call, the Samsung tech remoted into my tv and tried to help, the final answer was that the sound is a normal part of the tv. This can't be right, the tv makes the sound when I turn it on and also at random times when watching a show. Any help would be appreciated.

40 REPLIES 40
Jaybird
Apprentice
Options

Interesting, is it possible that someone else nearby has an android device?

0 Likes
Mattb4222
Student
Options

I don’t think so. My wife is the only one near and she has an iPhone. One notification happened the same time we got an amazon notification. Other times I haven’t gotten a notification on my phone when it dings on the tv. There doesn’t seem to be a setting to turn off external notifications. 

Jaybird
Apprentice
Options

Definitely sounds like a mystery. I don't think iPhones are compatible with Samsung smart TVs but I deleted SmartThings from my note 8 never got that ding again

0 Likes
Jvasq1965
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue

Has Samsung provided a software update or other suggestions to address the problem?

Orbit96
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

0 Likes
dkb1966
Student
Options

Just got a brand new 65 inch tu 8000 8 series TV this morning and the ***** sounds will not go away no matter what I do. I have turned off all the communications and connections from my phone I had deleted the Smart Switch app I have turned off all the sound options on the TV and the sounds come back. I'm about ready to box this TV up and send it back. It's time for Samsung to get off their butts and fix this with a software update ASAP

dkb1966
Student
Options

Okay I might have a possible culprit and fix for this. I spent some time on the phone today with Samsung, I talked to a very nice lady named Maria, and after going through the checklist of things she decided that I should try resetting the Samsung Smart Hub. When I did that I chose not to turn on Alexis voice.

When I set up the TV this morning I activated Alexa voice, after having the notification sounds come on I reset the TV via the factory reset and I also at that time activated the Alexa voice. The notification sounds still came back.

Only after I reset the Smart Hub and did not activate Alexa did the notification sounds go away. I was averaging a notification sound every three or four minutes sometimes several in a row. It's been over 30 minutes since I reset the Smart Hub did not activate Alexa and we have not had the sound.

Johnny15
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I'm having the same problem - did you manage to resolve this?

0 Likes
SherB
Journeyman
Options

I noticed two days ago I strayed hearing a two tone sound, but there are no pop-ups or prompts to let me know what it's related to. Checked the TV sound, which is turned off, also never heard the sound before so was a little weirded out, so glad I might not be the only one. Before finding this post I turned off notifications in the Smartthing app, so hopefully this helps... well see. 

Beepingtv
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue on two Samsung TVs in separate rooms. It makes the two tone “ding *****” sound when you turn on the tv then randomly throughout the day with no notifications on phone, email or messages. I have an iPhone also... really wish we can figure this out bc it’s reallllllllly annoying!