Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q64R vs Q65R vs Q67R

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 08:21 PM)
Xenilein
Student
Options

Hi everybody,
Could someone please explain to me the differences between the three TVs mentioned above?

I understand that compared to Q60R, they have a different colour and ultimate dimming.

However, i could not see from the technical specifications what the difference between these three devices is.

9 REPLIES 9
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Xenilein wrote:

Hi everybody,
Could someone please explain to me the differences between the three TVs mentioned above?
I understand that compared to Q60R, they have a different colour and ultimate dimming.
However, i could not see from the technical specifications what the difference between these three devices is.

They are variants and other some difference in colour and ultimate dimming. However the peak brightness in the Q64 is 800 nits compared to 500 in the Q65R and Q67R. The Q60 is  around 400 nits.

The Ultimate UHD Dimming Technology provides greater contrast, however the Q70R has a better local Dimming technique and so provides deeper black levels. It has a 10 Bit panel compared to 8 Bits + FRC and Peak Brightness is 1000 cd/m².

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Xenilein
Student
Options

Thanks a lot!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hope it helps @Xenilein  :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
TRUDAT
First Poster
Options

You said the max brightness for Q60, Q64, Q65 is  800  cd/m2

But What is max brightness for the "R" models

Q64R vs Q65R  ?   ( Q60R is not very bright under 500 cd/m2 )

Im looking to posibly buy a referb QN82Q6DRAFXZA (samsung website says its Q65 series  ) for a med-bright room

But I can't find reviews or any spects on max brightness

if anyone knows the max brightness spects and any links to reviews that would be a big help. 

0 Likes
StarWanderer
Student
Options

Thank you for the info. This comment is in the top ranks when searching for the difference between these models in Google, that's why I feel obliged to point out: you are wrong in that Q60R does NOT have 800 nit brightness, see the review by rtings.

This likely means that Q67R is not much different from Q60R. I've found reports that the only difference is the frame color (black / gray), and while each of the reports is from random people on the Internet, there are a few identical comments in various places so this may be true.

it's also worth noting (for anyone else reading this) is that QxxR and QxxT models are not identical, and the T one is typically slightly worse and slightly cheaper (e. g. Q60T vs Q60R). But it's also newer so it may have some extra features.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @StarWanderer .   Apologies, the information did come from Display Specifications  (though  on checking they have markedly different peak brightness results for 55 and 65 inch models), however this is obviously an error. I have amended my post.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Comparison of samsung QLED 2018-2020 here https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung 

StarWanderer
Student
Options

Where are you reading these specs? I don't see any technical details like peak brightness on the Samsung's official website. It's super annoying: I have tons of various related models on sale in my country, and no reviews/specs for anything besides the basic Q60R/T variants. The options I'm looking at include Q64R and T, Q65R and T, Q67R and T, and a  bunch of Q7xT models. Very confusing, Samsung!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@StarWanderer   I found peak Brightness specifications on this site https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/207618a1   Some of them mentioned here https://www.whathifi.com/advice/samsung-tvs-2019 

Peak Brightness for 2020 models not mentioned on Samsung's site but provides other specifications https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qled-tv/highlights/ 

0 Likes