Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q60T TV won't recognise Sky Q Box

(Topic created on: 11-08-2020 08:31 PM)
JHoward
Student
Options

Hi

Wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me and can help.

I've just bought a new Q60T TV to replace a previous Samsung unit.  However, on initial set up it would not find a signal from our Sky Q box.  It picked up the PS4 and BluRay players without problems.  I tried switching the HDMI ports and the same problem - it could detect the Playstation and BluRay in their new locations but said there was no signal on the other HDMI port.

The sky box is working fine, you can see from the lights on the front that it is alive.

I've tried switching everything off and on again, I've unplugged everything except the Sky Q box.

There is nothing weird about the set up.  We use a Sonos surround system but this is powered via the optic cable directly from the TV.

Any help welcome.  It isn't much use without the Sky Q box.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
obitv
Pathfinder
Options
unplug all hdmi and connect the sky q box only to start off
0 Likes
JHoward
Student
Options

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  It is all working well now.  I think I have to chalk this one up to user error 😞

0 Likes
Jillians
Student
Options

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, but unfortunately the fix with unplugging all the HDMI cables is not working.

I have a sonos sounder connected to the arc HDMI and the SkyQ mini connected to HDMI1, have tried 2 & 4, and tried 3 different cables.

The problem isn't the sky q mini as I have tried it on an LG TV and it works first time.  

Been on to Samsung support.

Fully reset TV.

Have updated sky box software.

Updated samsung software.

Any further ideas?  All the help sites and tutorials take me through the same process.  Could it be a faulty connect box?

TV is 1 week old and Sky Q is 1 day old.  

TV works on internet, Amazon Prime, Netflix etc..  

0 Likes
Antoniodevenice
First Poster
Options

Hello I am thinking of buying a Samsung qled but wanted to check if the Sky q related issues have been resolved before making the purchase.

0 Likes
Bassman47
First Poster
Options

It is a nightmare - have an 85inch Q95 2020 model.  It does not work well with Virgin Media or Sky Q.  Each time I turn on the TV I need to reboot the media box otherwise it is a black screen.  If I power off the Sky or Virgin box the screen appears for a moment.  If I try and power back on the Sky or Virgin box still get a black screen.  The only solution is to reboot Samsung Media Connection Box each time.  It is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Bootneck107
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a 65 inch Neo QLED TV and like many others apparently my TV has great difficulty in recognising the Sky Q Box.,

My point is that if a £1000 plus TV doesn't work as it should then it's not fit for purpose so,  as it's only 1 month old, am I entitled to my money back ?

0 Likes
Bootneck107
First Poster
Options

Samsung not going to reply to any of these problems ?  Shameful.

0 Likes