Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60T screen tearing at 1440p

(Topic created on: 26-07-2021 12:20 PM)
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Hi

It looks like the Q60T doesn't support 1440p, it's not listed in the nvidia resolutions given by the TV but as a PC resolution.

It's the only resolution that will do a screen tearing at 1440p at the bottom of the screen.

I tried custom resolution of 2561x1441 and 2559x1439 and both didn't have screen tearing! Though Hdr won't work at these custom resolution.

I tried windows borderless at 1440p scaled by the game to fit the whole screen (Far Cry 4), and the screen tearing was gone! Unfortunately not all games have scale to fit for windows borderless, Red Dead redemption 2 will show it as 1440p area only.

If there is, a way to force scaling the window borderless to fit the 4k area it will solve the tearing problem.

Also I noticed that switching to 2160p back and forth with 1440p can fix the tearing at 1440p

So yeah I hope Samsung will add 2560x1440 as fully compatible resolution in the next FW update, meanwhile Window Borderless can help with some game

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Little correction : it's when I go back and forth between window borderless and fullscreen that it temporarily fix the tearing.

Tested with games that have exclusive fullscreen and no problems of tearing

0 Likes
Cool_Sky
Student
Options

Hey Jeff... the problem of Screen Tearing at 1440P has been present since years in Samsung TVs... whether Q60 ..Q80 or Q90....

I have been waiting for an update for a long time...still Samsung has not provided any solution...

Also few things I learned and the SOLUTION till any Update..

--> Screen Tearing is ONLY present in 1440P and ONLY when GAME MODE is turned ON..

--> With GAME MODE OFF... there is NO TEARING...

--> If You want GAME Mode ON with No Tearing at 1440P then the BEST solution is :

---> Go to NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL --> Adjust Desktop Size and Position --> and Set PERFORM GPU SCALING on GPU ( NOT DISPLAY ).

Hope they release the update soon..

0 Likes