Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60T (QE43Q60TAUXXU) coloured pattern when using HDMI

(Topic created on: 28-01-2021 09:29 AM)
MIchael Beswick
First Poster
Options

I notice that my TV displayed a checkerboard pattern on areas of solid color when game mode is set to "auto" or "off". When game mode is "on' the picture is artifact free.

Game mode "off":

IMG_20210128_084441_559.jpg

Game mode "on":

IMG_20210128_084426_071.jpg

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Mareterra
First Poster
Options

Hi, I own a q60t from samsung and I have the same problem. Tried to use the warranty to send it to be repared but found out the thing is not a malfunctioning. I discovered also quleds from other brands have this behavioro, somehow it's connected to the quled tecnology. The odd thing is that no one seems to see this thing that to me, if you wanna enjoy 4k content without loosing detalil at a pixel lever, is a big deal.

THardie
Student
Options

I'm having this issue on a new QLED based 43" "The Frame". I've tried all settings of game more and it doesn't change. This is also the only post I've been able to find detailing the issue. I find it super distracting in photos and video since I can see this checkerboard all the time. If I can't find a resolution to the problem shortly, I'm returning the screen.

0 Likes
THardie
Student
Options

I returned the screen. When I was back in Best Buy and looked at all the screens they have on display ALL the Samsung screens do this. Even the 8k. The OLED ones of course don't do it. Some other vendor's screens do it too, but was about a 50/50 split on which vendor's screens did have the issue and which ones didn't. 

Anyway, I won't be buying Samsung screens again.

0 Likes