Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60R turns itself on

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 03:28 AM)
LynzT
Student
Options

Bought a 43" version of the Q60R in Sept 2019 and it constantly turns itself on after I've turned it off. I'm using the smart remote, and when it turns on I get the Samsung splash screen as if its done a hard reset, getting a bit annoyed at paying a goodly amount for a TV that just isnt behaving! Any ideas?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
@LynzT: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV. Next time you power off the TV, please make sure that any connected devices are switched off, or in standby mode, to ensure that they are not a contributing factor (you may wish to disconnect them completely to double check this). Can you also try removing the batteries from your remote? When the TV turns back on, do you have to go through any set up screens?
0 Likes
LynzT
Student
Options

Thanks,I've unplugged my.bluray and xbox for now and will see how it goes. TV does rescan or anything, just goes back to terrestrial TV

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have 4 of these q60r tv. 1 is connected to a samsung (latest model) soundbar. 1 is connected to my home theatre amp, blu ray & plastation.

the other 2 are wall hung with no connected devices. They all turn them selves back on shortly after turning them off.

I have done everything from updating the software, restarting, disconnecting devices, replacing the remote batteries to litterally removing the remotes from the room where the tv is located. Nothing works. I often come home to find random tv's on because it takes 30sec to 1 min for them to turn back on after being turned off. Often I dont notice until hours later.

I spent many thousands of $ on these tv's - its less than ideal. However I asume this is a software bug so can samsung please sort this out ASAP?

0 Likes
DanF87
First Poster
Options

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have turned off hdmi-cec and all connected devices are in standby yet I still face the same issue!?

0 Likes
LynzT
Student
Options

No joy on this being sorted as yet, I've disconnected all cables from external devices physically and it still turns back on, and no joy on remote either, it normally does it a few moments after I have turned it off on the remote, so I rarely get chance to remove the batteries. I'm definately not pressing any buttons on the remote either. I'm using the smart remote, not the other one with a squillion buttons, I think there is something wrong with the remote tbh.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@LynzT: Bit of a long shot, but can you try going to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On With Mobile, and disable this feature if it's active. If the issue is persistent, and you have tried removing any external connections, then you may wish to return the Tv to it's default settings to see if this helps: Settings > General > Reset > Enter PIN (Default is 0000, or 1234).
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

No fix yet. Iv spent thousands on 4 tv that all turn them self on at random times. Samsung are well aware of the issue and nothing is happening!!

0 Likes
Phil H
First Poster
Options

18 months on and it looks like Samsung STILL haven’t fixed this issue. The whole house was woke up in the middle of the night with the TV turning itself on 🤬

0 Likes
LynzT
Student
Options

I've given up, I just turn the sound down to 0 on my TV every night, if it turns on, it turns itself off again after a while on power saving settings. Samsung have not accepted this is an issue and have absolutely no interest in fixing it. I'll never buy a Samsung again.

0 Likes