Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60R QE49Q60RAT black screen after firmware update

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 01:17 AM)
Johnka
First Poster
Options

I bought the tv today. I opened the tv then I updated the firmware. When I open the tv, I see "Samsung QLED TV" logo then it turns black (not closed) and I can't do anything.The black screen stays still. I cant hear any sound.  I can turn off and on my tv with the remote. Everytime I see "Samsung QLED TV" logo then it turns black.  How can I fix this?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Johnka 

Have you tried unplugging the TV from the mains for 5 - 10 minutes before plugging back in?

0 Likes
Johnka
First Poster
Options

Yes I tried that. Nothings changed.

0 Likes
Johnka
First Poster
Options

The problem still exist may you help me pls.

0 Likes
superfurryallan
First Poster
Options

I am seeing the exact same problem on the exact same model.  It has started today.

Would love to hear if there is a fix.  Is this a software issue perhaps?  Is there a procedure to flash firmware from usb upon boot?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @superfurryallan ,

Do you have any external devices connected to it? Other devices and connections could be interfering with your TV. Please unplug all external devices, including the aerial, and disconnect from the Wi-Fi network (turn your router off). Re-connect the devices one by one, testing the TV each time, to see if it restarts. This will help to identify whether an external factor is causing this.

0 Likes
superfurryallan
First Poster
Options

Hi @TessM

all external device have been disconnected. Only the power cable is connected 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine. I would like you to try the rest of the steps listed here: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/my-tv-has-audio-but-no-video/ if this persists after exhausting all the steps, I think that this will need to be examined by one of our engineers. Locate your closets Support Centre from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
ppg021
First Poster
Options

Am experiencing the same on a 1 month old TV. Has someone managed to solve the issue?

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @ppg021 

Hope you're doing well. Have you tried going through the steps in the link @TessM sent in the previous message? 

If you haven't, please give them a go and if you still experience any issues, do give us a shout. 

0 Likes