Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60R picture morphing and changing colours?

(Topic created on: 31-05-2020 02:55 PM)
LRl1
First Poster
Options

Got a very frequent problem happening with my new Q60R, I've not even had it 4months. For some reason the tv will randomly decide to make colours different almost extremely vibrant even though nothing has changed in the picture settings, it will also display static within the picture and also blur colours it's very hard to explain so I've took some photos. How do I fix this? The hdmi is not the issue as I have troubleshooted that, however the only way I can get rid of this is by turning the tv off completely via the switch on the wall socket. Turning the tv off via the controller does not work? I'm worried the tv will get worse and will be past fixing. It happens on any app or game I go on so I know it's a fault with the tv. So where do I go from here00CFAD30-DA89-43FD-AAAC-97ADA100AC83.jpeg

EC4C777C-A474-4F07-AE1A-C52A90418440.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

8880A20D-DC77-4986-9C59-A0F2DA157A64.jpeg

image.jpg

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Deneva48
Apprentice
Options

I did a factory reset, and thought it had been sorted, but no it still does it. Done the screen test while the issue was happening, it didn’t even recognise any issue. I’ve changed the Ariel cables between Humax recorder and TV. HDMI leads are new. I’m not sure but it seems to possibly occur when we switch back from something like Netflix, IPlayer or amazon Prime, but I may be wrong with this. It hasn’t occurred today, but I’m sure it will. I may contact Richersounds to see what they say, as it’s got a 6 year warranty. To be honest I’m sorry I ever bought Panasonic, it’s got to much junk stuff on it, picture is ok when it works, but i suspect it’s life is short, compared to our previous Panasonic. It was bought on recommendation from a family member,, wish we had ignored him now and stuck with Panasonic or Sony.

0 Likes
LRl1
First Poster
Options
Mines a Samsung as stated above and the quality is amazing but this issue is irritating. I’ve noticed it does it when switching in and out of game mode I believe . Just waiting for Samsung to reply ....
0 Likes
LRl1
First Poster
Options
This problem is still existing, I have done exactly what you have said and there has been no change. I even bought a new hdmi cable and the problem is still here.
0 Likes
Deneva48
Apprentice
Options

Hi...Just wondering if you managed to sort out the tv picture issue with Samsung,ours is still on going,i have given up on contacting Samsung, the people you talk to are like robots, they read from a script and don't offer any real help at all.  I ts a shame as the picture is pretty good, but this issue is a real pain. I have noticed it is more likely to happen going back into Terrestial TV from iPlayer, or Amazon Prime.  I am reluctant to write it off at the moment, Richersounds just keep pointing me to Samsung, as apparently the first year of the warranty  is with Samsung.

0 Likes
Alan50
First Poster
Options

Experiencing the same thing every time i watch netflix hdr. I think it's the hdr that makes the tv go bananas. Can anyone help with a fix? Im still under warranty 

0 Likes
Deneva48
Apprentice
Options

This is exactly the same issue I have been having on a 9 month old tv, issue started at height of pandemic and lockdown, so couldn’t get anything done. It wasn’t easy trying to get the issue through to Samsung, but in the end Richersounds took over, Samsung arranged for TV to be collected for further investigation, they had it just over a week, very helpful company called GoogleBoxTV sorted it out, they do repairs for most major manufactures, John Lewis,Curry’s etc. I did think it was a screen issue, but it wasn’t, a new main board was fitted, we have had it back a week now and it’s perfect, far more stable than its ever been, excellent picture. Before this the screen problem was always caused switching back to terrestrial from using apps, Prime, You Tube, iPlayer, and had started happening at random watching terrestrial. We have through decided to try and sell the TV now, nothing wrong with it, just my partner has cataract issues, and it will be a good year to 18 months before it’s sorted so a bigger TV would make things easier for her. Faith restored and new TV will be a Samsung Qled 55”.

0 Likes
Echobase
First Poster
Options

Hi there 

I’m new to the forum but have exactly the same tv Samsung q60 r..experiencing the 100% exact same issue. Was the consensus that the main board was at fault in some way? Thanks 

0 Likes
Bekahroo
First Poster
Options

We have the exact same issue with our Samsung Q60. No external sources connected. Only using the apps on the TV which is connected to Wifi. Very frustrating and we are considering switching brands bc of it. Was the main board the recommended fix? 

0 Likes
Echobase
First Poster
Options

I saw this and felt compelled to post,,, in our situation our issues mirrored exactly those posted by the OP and yes 100% a new main board replaced under warranty resolved it and it’s never reappeared 

hope this helps

steve U.K 

0 Likes