Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60R or Q60T or TU8502 ?

(Topic created on: 21-05-2020 07:00 AM)
GeoBel
First Poster
Options

Hello everybody. I am considering buying a samsung TV and i am not sure which of the 3 models should i select, as i got confused because searching in different sites i come up with different critics and specs. Could you please provide some minor pros & cos for the 3 models and which one would you prefer and why?

Model1 : Samsung Q60R

Model2: Samsung Q60T

Model3: Samsung TU8502

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
CarlH
Options

Hi, @GeoBel. Do you have the full model number? The T range is the latest from this year (R range is last years model). 

0 Likes
GeoBel
First Poster
Options

Dear CarlH, 

The models i am referring are:

UE43TU8502

QE43Q60R

QE43Q60T

I know difference between T & R models (2020 vs 2019 model) but reading through different reviews seems that older models are better in picture and some details so i got confused and that's why i need accurate info regardimg characteristics in order to decide which one to buy

0 Likes
GeoBel
First Poster
Options

Dear CarlH, 

The models i am referring are:

UE43TU8502

QE43Q60R

QE43Q60T

I know difference between T & R models (2020 vs 2019 model) but reading through different reviews seems that older models are better in picture and some details so i got confused and that's why i need accurate info regardimg characteristics in order to decide which one to buy

0 Likes
mgboom
First Poster
Options

Th q60r and q60t don't differ that much for the 43" and 49" version, only the bigger tv's had 120 hz, the 43" has 60 hz for the 2019 and 2020 version. It does not have a VA panel, that's why you have a bigger chance of screen bleeding. The reason I did not buy this 43" TV.

0 Likes
GeoBel
First Poster
Options

@mgboom wrote:

Th q60r and q60t don't differ that much for the 43" and 49" version, only the bigger tv's had 120 hz, the 43" has 60 hz for the 2019 and 2020 version. It does not have a VA panel, that's why you have a bigger chance of screen bleeding. The reason I did not buy this 43" TV.

So you would suggest to go for the TU8502 model instead of Q series?

0 Likes
mgboom
First Poster
Options

To be fair, I don't know what to advise you, since I am still looking for a good 43" tv myself.

- I think like to have airplay 2 support, but airplay 2 is limited to 1080p, so do I really need this?

- Both the Q60R and T60T don't display solid colors very well. If you look at a dark movie, you get a sort of scrolling bar effect.

- They say the Q60R and TU8500 are judder and almost stutter free. I really like that.

- I really dislike bleeding/clouding, my current Samsung TV had the panel replaced twice under warranty and now has it again. So I prefer a VA panel, this was not clear in my previous post, but the Q60T is the only one that  seems to have this. I do not know about the TU8502, but I presume this is the 55" 8500 with VA panel. If there was a 43" TU8500 then I would surely like this.

what size is that TU8502?

0 Likes
mgboom
First Poster
Options
I just see, that in some countries they have a 43” TU8500. I only can’t find the corrects specs. The specs for a 43” model aren’t always the same as the bigger models even when they have the same model number.
0 Likes
mgboom
First Poster
Options

Last post today I promise :-), but I Just found that the TU8500 does stutter and has the same disadvantages as the other models

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/tu8000 

0 Likes
GeoBel
First Poster
Options

Actually the model you have posted is not the one I am referring to. I suppose it has to do with the fact that i am located in Greece. So i think it would be easier to share with you the link with the models i am between (taken from the UK samsung site, i suppose we have no differences), in order to help you answering my dilemma.

TU8502 43": https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhdtv-tu8500/UE43TU8500UXXU/

Q60R 43: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q60r/QE43Q60RATXXU/

Q60T 43: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q60t/QE43Q60TAUXXU/

Also, to clarify TV specs i am really interested: connection with samsung mobile (photos/videos), connection with laptop (movies/games), netflix, web browsing, HDD support (play/record programmes), picture in picture (TV & source simultaneously). 

Thank you for your instant and valuable feedback. 

0 Likes