Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q60R 2019 & HW-Q70R Hdmi Arc No Sound Issue

(Topic created on: 18-09-2020 06:59 AM)
yorulmazburak
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung Q60R 2019 tv in combination with a HW-Q70R soundbar.

These devices are almost brandnew. Using a new hdmi 2.0 cable (also tried another cable), i connected everything, set all the right settings on my soundbar and my tv. ( TV's hdmi arc port to soundbars tv-out)  But i can't get any sound. I've tried with Wifi and Bluetooth. It seems good. I can get sound.  I tried the same setup with my Sony HT-XF9000. I have the same problem. The sound output is set to HDMI, Anynet+ is also turned on.

When i use the volume button on my remote, my sound system acknowledges the volume change, so the connection seems fine.  

I've tried both soundbars with my old tv via hdmi arc, the soundbars are working properly. It's definitely because of TV. I have no idea what should I do? 

29 REPLIES 29
JohnWad
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I appreciate the correct ports must be used. This is not the cause of the reported issue. Cheers. 

Zito
First Poster
Options

This worked perfectly for me. ARC was enabled and volume controls responded but the there was no sound. Re-initialising the spund bar did the trick!

0 Likes
Uco
First Poster
Options

This should fix your issue

https://youtu.be/IbLeyU4MLKc

0 Likes
Debo1090
Apprentice
Options

The new remotes don’t look like that, we don’t have those buttons so this will not work. But thanks .. on news speakers, hold down volume up and down while the speaker is on to reset to factory. This will fix the issue, but it will likely come back so you’ll have to do this again. Get used to it, it’s the Samsung way 

0 Likes
Hoinam
First Poster
Options

Samsung's support and service is really the worst I've experienced.  I wonder if they will ever figure it out.

0 Likes
AutoBit
First Poster
Options

Hey everyone, I had this issue (and fixed it) with my PlayStation 4 Pro connected to a Q80T and HW-Q70T soundbar. The soundbar audio worked fine with other HDMI devices, but was silent With the PS4.

What fixed it was disconnecting all HDMI devices, except the soundbar, from the TV. Then I performed an initialisation with the soundbar (for me, holding volume up and down for 5 seconds, waiting for a bit, and then turning the soundbar back on). I tested the audio with YouTube from the TV, then I plugged in my PS4 and it worked, audio now comes out of the soundbar.

Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
Ha Huy Quynh
Student
Options

Hi,

I got same issue with my samsung Q7 tv connect to HDMI reveiver box, there is no sound come out via HDMI ARC, i have try to config as some manuals and samsung technical guide... but still no sound. it seem is samsung problem, because when I connect to Sony tv everything work well. so disappointed with samsung, next time samsung is not my choice.

0 Likes
Tenksen
Student
Options

Hi, thank you for sharing this! I have a S series soundbar with neo qled TV and was having the same problem.

Plugged out my bttv box and everything started to work correctly. I'll be on to bt to sort that.

Thanks again for sharing!

0 Likes
Lovecsoj
First Poster
Options
hi, I was resetting the black box to factory settings and it works since... the bad point is you need to download all of your apps 🙃
0 Likes
Kalmoo
First Poster
Options

Hello friends, same problem here. Nothing helped so i feel bound to tell you my solution. Cause can be any of the things listed below in my case. 
Well, what nobody tells you is that if you press and hold the settings button on the remote for 15 seconds it, the soundbar does a hard reset. Make sure connections have been made prior to this. After the bar shuts down, you can press the power button, and tv should recognize it. That’s my fix. Good luck

0 Likes