Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60A Sound output CEC issue

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 10:30 AM)
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I've just recently bought the Samsung Q60A 55" TV. I'm having issues with it comunicating with my AV Receiver over the HDMI ARC input.

It's all connected as it should be with the settings on the TV correct, this is what is happening.

The TV recognises that its connected to an AV Receiver but the sound outputs through the TV speaker remote does not operate receiver. I then go to sound settings on TV and under Sound Output it shows the sound output as TV Speaker, AV receiver is underneath this setting. If I press AV receiver option the sound then comes out of the AV receiver like it should and the TV remote operates the sound on the receiver as it should it will also power off the receiver as it should.

THE ISSUE IS... When I select AV Receiver the option doesn't stick and after 15-20 seconds the TV keeps reverting back to TV speaker. WHY ? Why will the TV not except that the setting I put it on is the one I want. 

When I put the TV on the sound is automatically output through the TV Speakers, AV Receiver is off at this point. If I go to the sound output settings on the TV and select the AV Receiver it magically powers on the receiver, sound stays on for the 15-20odd seconds the reverts to TV speaker again. It's driving me nuts as it works correctly for the short period when AV Receiver is selected.

Is there an option to make the TV stick to what I'm telling it to do, maybe in the service menu an option to switch off ? I'm the operator It should be staying on what I choose not what it thinks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
you may be in shop mode instead of home mode, try pressing Volume +menu on the TV not the remote, the screen will blank and on the picture return will display "Dynamic" the TV should then save the settings
0 Likes
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

Hi Steve my TV only has a power on button in the bottom right corner ?

0 Likes
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

I looked in system manager and usage mode says Home Mode.

0 Likes
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

Here I've made a video. You can see AV Receiver is off at start, select it in TV Sound options, Receiver turns on but the setting doesn't stick. It keeps reverting to TV Speaker. Anynet+CEC is on. I just need a solution to stop TV thinking it knows best. Stay on the option I select.

https://youtu.be/zyzo4B-G4TA

0 Likes
dasumo
First Poster
Options

Hey there.  I wish I had a solution for you.  I just got my new TV today and I'm having basically the exact same issue.  I am able to run it through the Optical output but now I have to use the receiver remote for volume and the tv remote for everything else.  I wish I could find a solution so I could take advantage of eArc to control everything from the TV and its remote.

0 Likes
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

What's annoying is I turn the TV on the reciever stays off, then with the TV remote I navigate to sound output and select HDMI Reciever straight away the reciever turns on and works like it should but within 15-20 seconds reverts to TV speaker. Then I have to reselect to optical to keep 5.1.

Can I ask what reciever you have ? I've thought about getting a different one in the hope it works better but I don't want the same issue.

0 Likes
dasumo
First Poster
Options

That is identical to my problem. Looks like it’s getting ready to work then it just turns off the receiver and reverts back to internal TV speaker. I’m using a Samsung receiver that’s about 6-7 years old but has all the same tech. I had been using it with an older Samsung TV and it worked fine. 

0 Likes
dasumo
First Poster
Options

Good news! I think.  It seems I may have solved the problem.  I'll tell you how I've hooked it up and it's now working as it should.  Keep in mind, I still get the "pop-up" window on the TV when I first turn it on advising me that I have an eArc device connected to the wrong HDMI.

For the TV settings, I've turned the eARC to OFF from AUTO.  The AnyNet is ON.  The sound is set to HDMI.  

For my Samsung receiver (HW-C700B) settings, I have the TV audio set to Optic3.

For the connections between the two, I have the TV out from the receiver (HDMI) to my TV's HDMI 1.  I have optic audio cable from my receiver (Optic 3) to the TV optic output.  Then I just put an HDMI cable from my receiver (HDMI) TV IN port to the TV's HDMI 3.  I'm not sure if this last HDMI connection is absolutely necessary but it works now and I'm hesitant to remove it!

With this setup, I can do the following with just the TV remote.  If TV is off, I can use the remote to turn it on (the receiver powers up automatically and sound is transferred to the receiver).  If I power off, the receiver and TV both power off with the one remote.

With the TV on, if I turn on the Xbox or if I hit the home button on my Roku (basically if it senses another device power up) my TV and receiver both switch automatically to the new device.

Seems I've got it working... at least for my setup.  Hopefully this helps you! 

0 Likes
Rockinross
Journeyman
Options

Don't know if you'll read this but I've just had an update on the Tele to version 2001 and hallelujah it seems to be working. The hdmi is sticking and audio to my receiver is coming through. The TV remote is operating the sound on the receiver and turning the receiver off and on with the TV. 

0 Likes