Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60a Multi View

(Topic created on: 03-09-2021 04:16 PM)
Craig 1993
Apprentice
Options

Any ideas if actual multiview will come to the 2021 4k TV models?

I've just bought a Q60a and I feel a bit robbed that I bought it for multiview and its been completely stripped for the 4k models where the only option is to have the second screen as your mobile. 

Being able to stream your phone screen only is the most pointless feature ever.

I bought the TV entirely for it and the seller doesn't accept returns so now I'm stuck with it.

Also the fact that it's entirely software makes it feel like a cash grab to make people buy the far more expensive 8k models. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Tom OSullivan
First Poster
Options

I bought the Samsung 70" QN70Q6DAAFXZA from Sams club a month ago. When I try mirroring from from my s8 to the right side multi view screen shown to be for mirroring the mirror image of my phone shows on the left screen - where there was a samsung tv program showing. I spent 2 hours on the phone and another 1.5 hours on chat trying to get a solution. The expert on the chat had me download firmware to an USB stick and place it in the tv's usb  slot to update the firmware. When that failed I was instructed to reset the TV to factory settings which also failed to help. It's a real miserable situation since the literature on Sam's club page says it has multiview capability. Even Samsung's page says so: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086522/  - q6da.    Is really shameful on Samsungs part.  The mirroring from my phone appears on the wrong side of the multiview. It's pretty obvious something is wrong for it to even be able to be mirrored to the left side.  I'm not even able to choose my spectrum tv  to play on the left side. The only tv show that will play there are samsung tv channels. Then when I try to mirror to the right side of the multi view screen - which is says if for mirroring- the mirror image from my phone overtakes the samsung tv show on the left side.    Shameful.

0 Likes
Options

if the literature says its multiview and it doesnt work its eaither faulty or misselling and therfore Samsung either need to fix, the store needs to refund or samsung replace. This would stand in a  small claims court

Ed
First Poster
Options

I wonder if Samsung is planning to make a price adjustment to customers who purchased the Q60a because they wanted the multi view function.  Spoke to Customer service on 6-2-22 and was assured that the Q60a had this feature although they could not get it to work on my set.  Said that an update was on the way.  Total BS.

Shelton222
First Poster
Options

I got my TV set yesterday as my previous Sharp tv had some sound issues after 18 years.  I was very disappointed of not having the multi view on my 4K QLED 60a tv. Not even the PIP facility that I had on the Sharp TV I bought 18 years ago. The pic quality of the TV is extremely good but not the standard facilities like PIP. If I knew about this before I would have gone for LG Tv. Hope they can upgrade the software in the future with these facilities. I am not happy about this.