Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60A light blooming/bleeding

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 01:01 AM)
Lukas_b
Journeyman
Options

Hey, 

I recently bought (6 weeks ago) the 75inch QLED QA75Q60AAWXXY and have just noticed blotches of light in the background when there are darker scenes. Just wondering if this is normal for the model of TV or if it is faulty?

Thanks in advance 

20220708_060704.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
KholaI
Options

Hey @Lukas_b 

Is this always visible when watching dark scenes? If so, we'd like you to head into Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions. Do the bright spot appear during the test?

0 Likes
Lukas_b
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

Yes it is always visible when watching dark scenes, there is always white clouding in the background 

I did the picture test as you asked and it only shows bright images. So doesn't really test my issue 

0 Likes
Lukas_b
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Lukas_b: The issue you're encountering is normal within the conditions of the image provided (a dark viewing environment with a dark picture), however there are ways to minimise the effect. If you head to Settings > General > Power and energy saving > Brightness optimisation, and enable this feature, then this will automatically adjust the brightness of the set based on the ambient light level. You can also play around with the Picture Mode in Settings > Picture (I recommend Movie Mode for night viewing), as well as adjusting the ambient light levels of the room itself, so it isn't pitch black. 

0 Likes
Lukas_b
Journeyman
Options

20220710_135832.jpg

@AndrewL 

I did as you suggested and this is the result. I do not think this is normal. This is with all settings adjusted as well as ambient lighting within the room, as you can see the blooming is still excessive

Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
They are told to say that "within spec" unter lie if it visible and it's not meant to be there the screen is faulty.
Lukas_b
Journeyman
Options

@Toddy94 

Hey mate thanks for the info, guess I'll be lodging a warranty claim 

0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Panel shows vignetting bright at the corners and go onto you tube and run 5% gray scale test you will see everything there.
Lukas_b
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL @KholaI 

Please advise on my options on faulty screen please 

0 Likes