Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q60A Backlight Bleed

(Topic created on: 16-06-2022 05:05 PM)
Cojjer
Student
Options

Bought a Q60A 43" but am experiencing terrible backlight bleed (see image below) which is particularly noticeable on movies with a black band top/bottom. Have contacted Samsung support to be told that this is apparently 'normal' and not covered under warranty.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck sorting this issue with Samsung?

IMG_6148.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Back-light bleed is pot luck on all TV's and Monitors both have it to some degree, I've seen better and I've also seen a lot worse.

Your picture is taken as a worst case scenario, pitch black and no image on your screen which is not realistically how you watch TV.

If your not happy and its still in its return period send it back, if your outside of it Samsung is correct and it's not covered under warranty.
0 Likes
Kenron
First Poster
Options

Yep, I have the same issue on my Q60A 50". Will not buy Samsung TV again after this. Regardless whether it's a lower end or not, if I had known this would be a factor and not covered under warranty I would not have purchased. Sticking to Sony going forward. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kenron: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this matter. If you are experiencing a similar issue to the original poster, then there are steps that you can take to reduce the effect. If you like to watch movies in the pitch black for a cinematic experience, then please head to Settings > General > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness Optimisation, and toggle this option on. This will adjust the brightness of the TV based on the ambient light level in the room. Furthermore, head to Settings > Picture > Picture mode, and set this to 'Movie' to optimise the picture when viewing in a dark environment. 

0 Likes