Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURPLE SPOTS on Samsung 4k LED UHD TV SCREENS

(Topic created on: 12-08-2018 08:10 PM)
JaymieS
Explorer
Options

Hello People of Samsung  I have a 40" 4K UHD LED 6 Series MODEL CODE: UN40KU6300  which had for about 2 Years and I notice these light Purple Patch Spot on my Screen. I did all the test and still shows these Purple haze discoloration spots on my screen  one is in the right corner and the other one is in the Middle of the screen. " I would like to know what causes the Problem and if there is a simple FIX to remove these annoying big purple spots?  If anybody know or have Youtube Video that can show me how to fix this problem Please post. To be honest I love this Samsung 4K TV and was about to buy a couple more for my business and House but, I have to reconsider because Samsung has not address this issue. After doing my research I notice a lot of People been having this same Problem with Purple Blueish spots showing up on their Samsung 4K LED TV SCREENS. Once again if anyone knows how to FIX and get rid of the Purple Clouds off the Screen Please reply.    

86 REPLIES 86
SteveRPenny
Student
Options

After many weeks of complaining to the retailer (who repeatedly told me it was nothing to do with them and they weren't going to help), I contacted the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority (KKV in Finland), and they stated that (at least here) the Consumer Disputes Board has previously ruled that a TV should last up to 4 years. As I had noticed the issues with mine just before that, the retailer was obligated to assist - the only downside was that at this point in time, legally the retailer only had to assist with repairs and cover 2% of the repair cost - so kinda pointless.

The retailer continued to refuse to help at all when I contacted them with the information that they should be assisting me in some way. I then sent an email, quoted some of the text from KKV, stated that my next steps would be to file another complaint and take them to court .... and all of a sudden I get an offer of a 20% refund. It's not a new tv, or a substantial refund, but after 4 years, it's better than nothing!

0 Likes
Harry31
First Poster
Options

Absolutely gutted reading this thread.

My TV has started to get these purple patches.

Phoned Samsung support same as others, it needs repair which you will be charged and given a number that does not work. They even recommended I go through my insurance, said on the phone it is quite clear a manufacturing fault and your telling me to go through insurance. It’s Samsungs issue not my insurance.

This should highlighted, it feels illegal and wrong how consumers are being treated over this fault.  

Janne303
Student
Options

Now I got this same purple blob on my 4 year old UE49MU6105XXC..... 😞

0 Likes
TONY720
Student
Options

I've decided, since Samsung has decided to put their heads in the sand and pretend this is a nonissue, I will no longer purchase Samsung.

Wangel
Journeyman
Options

I totally agree. I will no longer purchase any Sansung Ptoduct

Wangel
Journeyman
Options

Apparently, the only fix is for Samsung to fix it. If it's out of warranty its not worth fixing. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN

0 Likes
Wangel
Journeyman
Options

This is a word wide problem and Samsung refuses to recognize it. Well, now I refuse to purchase anything Samsung 

0 Likes
Zhinron
Journeyman
Options

20201122_200709.jpg

 this was my tv a year after my first purple spot appeared. I have an lg cx and I love it. I hook my consoles and pc up to my tv so I needed 4 hdmi 2.1 slots. Turns out the newest Samsung only has 1 hdmi 2.1 slot with the other 3 being 2.0. I posted this awhile ago but samsung deleted my comment because I said some bad words in a kid friendly way but they were like. Nope. Delete

0 Likes
frenchfry
Student
Options

That's pretty much what I have done for the last year and its my lifetime choice to avoid any Samsung product after the fiasco with these spots showing up on my TV after 6 months of ownership. Basically just tossed mine in the trash after trying to talk with their support. Basically they feel this issue is normal wear and tear from the responses I got. So I guess this means now TV's are no good within the first year by their standards. So I am with you....I will not buy a phone, tablet, TV, household appliance by these guys. Eventually people will either wise up or this company will.

Aled69
First Poster
Options

Same here too, purple discoloration from LED backlight failure. I have an old LG 42" from 2009 never had this problem non LED backlight.
I'm with the other commenters, no more S(h)amsung products for me!
No more mobile phones fridges TV's monitors, computers ZILTCH!
These are very expensive products AND they are faulty by design!

0 Likes