Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURPLE SPOTS on Samsung 4k LED UHD TV SCREENS

(Topic created on: 09-07-2022 09:31 PM)
JaymieS
Explorer
Options

Hello People of Samsung  I have a 40" 4K UHD LED 6 Series MODEL CODE: UN40KU6300  which had for about 2 Years and I notice these light Purple Patch Spot on my Screen. I did all the test and still shows these Purple haze discoloration spots on my screen  one is in the right corner and the other one is in the Middle of the screen. " I would like to know what causes the Problem and if there is a simple FIX to remove these annoying big purple spots?  If anybody know or have Youtube Video that can show me how to fix this problem Please post. To be honest I love this Samsung 4K TV and was about to buy a couple more for my business and House but, I have to reconsider because Samsung has not address this issue. After doing my research I notice a lot of People been having this same Problem with Purple Blueish spots showing up on their Samsung 4K LED TV SCREENS. Once again if anyone knows how to FIX and get rid of the Purple Clouds off the Screen Please reply.    

86 REPLIES 86
Chivato
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with my 2 year old Samsung LED tv. Very sick of this. Also own a Panasonic and Sony LED TV showing no problems at all. Very sad to read how Samsung is NOT dealing with this matter. For me like others also the reason not to spend my money on Samsung products any more. They could learn a lot from companies like Apple.

Members_3IQZBaA
Student
Options

Yes 

I have same issue with blue patch on screen 

Members_3IQZBaA
Student
Options

Yes I have a same issue with blue patch on screen 

Surfer1
First Poster
Options

Same as everyone else. I noticed the spots a few months ago. It appears that it’s getting worse so I figured I’d google the issue to see what I could find.

Sad to read all these problems and this is only on one site/thread. Imagine how many people are affected by this and Samsung does nothing. I have a lot of Samsung products and all them have been good except this one.

I have a 12yo fridge and 2 other 12yo Samsung LED TVs that still work fine. One of them is even outside on my patio, which not directly exposed to harsh elements it does experience hot, humid, cold, outside dust and pollen and it works fine. Funny how a 12yo TV that’s been outside for 6 years works better than the newer one in a conditioned space protected from the elements. I will definitely consider passing on Samsung products in the future. Not because the TV has a problem because anything could have a problem. The issue is they’re not acknowledging and turning a blind eye to a widespread known problem. This could actually possibly be a case for a class action lawsuit.

EricRP
First Poster
Options

+1..... I treat my TV's like gold, and a couple years ago mine developed horizontal purple-ish banding. It's really only visible on white/grey/solid colored backgrounds but it's very distracting.

Oddly enough all the other reports are random splotches, while mine is definitely a gradual horizontal bar. Wonder if my failure is different?

Either way..... definitely no more Samsung TV's for me. 0. Never again.

0 Likes
Members_vgrWknv
First Poster
Options

I can't believe Samsung don't have a solution to this issue. I suggest we all communicate to them on twitter and facebook

0 Likes
Poncke
Pioneer
Options

LOL. LED and LCD TV screens cannot be affected by magnets, no matter how close to the TV you place them. You are living in the 80s with a cathode-ray tube TV. 

0 Likes