Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURPLE SPOTS on Samsung 4k LED UHD TV SCREENS

(Topic created on: 19-10-2019 01:59 AM)
JaymieS
Explorer
Options

Hello People of Samsung  I have a 40" 4K UHD LED 6 Series MODEL CODE: UN40KU6300  which had for about 2 Years and I notice these light Purple Patch Spot on my Screen. I did all the test and still shows these Purple haze discoloration spots on my screen  one is in the right corner and the other one is in the Middle of the screen. " I would like to know what causes the Problem and if there is a simple FIX to remove these annoying big purple spots?  If anybody know or have Youtube Video that can show me how to fix this problem Please post. To be honest I love this Samsung 4K TV and was about to buy a couple more for my business and House but, I have to reconsider because Samsung has not address this issue. After doing my research I notice a lot of People been having this same Problem with Purple Blueish spots showing up on their Samsung 4K LED TV SCREENS. Once again if anyone knows how to FIX and get rid of the Purple Clouds off the Screen Please reply.    

86 REPLIES 86
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
Samsung dont want to know my tv is out of warranty but this problem seems to be happening to many Samsung owners they can’t even explain to me what causes the purple spots or why on a tv I purchased for£620 on 2/7/2017 all I got was it needs a repair so much for Samsung quality
0 Likes
Wangel
Journeyman
Options

I've found that the TV brightness being turned down removes the spots.  This may be only a temporary fix, but I've had my TV set to dynamic picture mode for a while when I noticed it. I went back to standard and adjusted the brightness and backlight and it makes it go away. 

Mj65
Pioneer
Options
I had the same problem BUT got absolutely NOWHERE with Samsung so got a new tv from lg well pleased with it will NEVER buy Samsung again
0 Likes
ddrf11a
Apprentice
Options

Just chatted with Samsung customer service - they have no knowledge of any "purple/blue patch" issues.

What brand do you go to now?

0 Likes
ddrf11a
Apprentice
Options
Maybe a little improvement
0 Likes
Wangel
Journeyman
Options
That’s BS. There is a nationwide problem with this and Samsung won’t do anything about it, that’s why they said what they said. But to answer your question, I will never buy Samsung again. Going with LG after lots of research
0 Likes
Zhinron
Journeyman
Options

I am getting a sony next. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x900f-vs-sony-x950g/585/764

Probably the x950g around Christmas time when the prices drop. But this is my tv right now. Waaaaay more noticable in person. I also use my tv as my computer monitor so its super noticable with a white background when browsing the internet or typing something. F U samsung.20190910_204853.jpg

0 Likes
Zhinron
Journeyman
Options
Is yours a curved too? Is it a known defect in their curved tvs?
0 Likes
Zhinron
Journeyman
Options

@Wangel wrote:
That’s BS. There is a nationwide problem with this and Samsung won’t do anything about it, that’s why they said what they said. But to answer your question, I will never buy Samsung again. Going with LG after lots of research

Is yours a curved by chance?

0 Likes
Zhinron
Journeyman
Options

@Mj65 wrote:
I had the same problem BUT got absolutely NOWHERE with Samsung so got a new tv from lg well pleased with it will NEVER buy Samsung again

Was yours a curved too or a normal one?

0 Likes