Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURPLE SPOTS on Samsung 4k LED UHD TV SCREENS

(Topic created on: 03-10-2019 08:35 AM)
JaymieS
Explorer
Options

Hello People of Samsung  I have a 40" 4K UHD LED 6 Series MODEL CODE: UN40KU6300  which had for about 2 Years and I notice these light Purple Patch Spot on my Screen. I did all the test and still shows these Purple haze discoloration spots on my screen  one is in the right corner and the other one is in the Middle of the screen. " I would like to know what causes the Problem and if there is a simple FIX to remove these annoying big purple spots?  If anybody know or have Youtube Video that can show me how to fix this problem Please post. To be honest I love this Samsung 4K TV and was about to buy a couple more for my business and House but, I have to reconsider because Samsung has not address this issue. After doing my research I notice a lot of People been having this same Problem with Purple Blueish spots showing up on their Samsung 4K LED TV SCREENS. Once again if anyone knows how to FIX and get rid of the Purple Clouds off the Screen Please reply.    

86 REPLIES 86
Lynn7404
Apprentice
Options
Me too! I do have service plan though!
Zhinron
Journeyman
Options
  • My 1500 dollar  3 year old tv just got a purple spot a little northwest of center of screen last night in the middle of playing a game. I keep reading forums where everyone says if it isnt under warranty than you are screwed for buying a samaung tv. I have been bashing Samsungs all day on twitter and facebook while i ask people if they have the same issue. And its too late for the lemon law.

But yeah, every forum says i am boned. I cant afford another 1500 dollar right now. But when i do, i guarantee it wont be a samsung

Junk_products
First Poster
Options

Samsung makes junk products. My Galaxy S8+ screen broke because the curved edge design makes the phone fragile and now my 4k TV gets purple spots after only 2 years. Samsung you are dead to me. I said good day!

Mj65
Pioneer
Options
Samsung dont want to know
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
Me too Samsung I’ll never buy from Samsung again
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
Basically I’ve the same problem spoken to Samsung all I got was needs repair no explanation what caused it tv bought July 2017 for£620 and this happens tv out of warranty so will never buy Samsung again
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Mj65 wrote:
Basically I’ve the same problem spoken to Samsung all I got was needs repair no explanation what caused it tv bought July 2017 for£620 and this happens tv out of warranty so will never buy Samsung again

If it is a known fault, which it is, under the October 2015 European consumer law after 6 months, and upto 6 years you are covered. It is the retailer who is responsible, and you must allow one attempt at repair. If that fails you then can ask free of charge for a second repair attempt, a replacement, or a refund, taking into account usage.

There is loads of info abouthow to do it on this thread,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

If you bought on your credit card you have the 1974 consumer credit section 75, which makes the credit card company just as responsible as the retailer. 

The law is quite clear, which I do not agree with but thats the law, in that it is the retailer, not the manufacturer who is responsible. You can shout and scream at Samsung, and they will ignore because that have no legal obligation to resolve, apart from good customer service, which as we have seen is not something they try hard at.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

0 Likes
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
Yes my 4k curved tv has a purple patch too been on to samsung ,my tv out of warranty purchased in 2017,basicly they said needs a repair but it should NOT happen to a tv which is not 3 years old,I’m absolutely disgusted with samsung
Mj65
Pioneer
Options

Yes samsung just dont want to know,my tv a bought in 2017 has the purple haze on top right its out of warranty,but it should not happen to a tv which is not 3 year old all samsung said was needs repaired.....no more samsung from now on

Mj65
Pioneer
Options

DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG TV BOUGHT MINE AT A COST OF£620 on02/07/2017  out of warranty it should not happen to a tv of this age can’t afford to replace or repair its out of warranty,Samsung don’t give a toss about this problem every Samsung owner with the same problem should not buy Samsung absolutely disgraceful F5EC3566-9C06-433A-817C-A2314739806B.jpeg