Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple patches on TV

(Topic created on: 30-11-2019 02:28 AM)
GreenNeedle
Apprentice
Options

Hello.  I have a 48 LED Smart TV.  Model No is UE48H6400AKXXU

About 6 months I noticed that there were a couple of purple patches on the screen.  They are very noticeable with pale or white backgrounds especially adverts which often have a lot of white on the screen.

Initially there was a patch that radiated from the bottom left corner about 12cm outward and then about 4/5ths across the screen on the right there was another patch from the top about the same 12cm width but went down about 2 thirds of the screen so about 40cm long.

Over the past 6 months they have become more noticeable.  a darker shade of purple plus of course I am aware of them so notice them more.

When a normal picture is on screen they distort the colour quite a lot.  Worse on lighter colours than darker ones.  The rest of the screen is fine but of course it is annoying to have these colour distortions on the screen.

Other than these problems the rest of the TV functions fine.

I would guess I have had the TV about 2 years now or just over.

Can you tell me if there is anything I can do or is the TV on the way out?  What is the expected lifetime of these TV sets?  and will it be costly to repair?  Not sure if there is any warranty over the year on these TVs.

208 REPLIES 208
Del6
Explorer
Options

Not a group letter but most in the group have reported it to watchdog at some stage so every complaint gets it more noticed and makes it more difficult for Samsung to deny

0 Likes
Sg66
Student
Options
Thanks I will Google watchdog email and join the list, certainly won't be replacing it with another Samsung.
Wangel
Journeyman
Options
Apparently a worldwide problem with Samsung and they don’t want to do anything about it. Needless to say, my Samsung days are over. Will do my homework and NEVER buy another Samsung product. I’m about customer service, and they are certainly lacking in that department.
0 Likes
Tonyk67
First Poster
Options

Disgusted with Samsung as my tv has the exact same purple patches. I've always had Samsung TVs but will never have another. 

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

Yes, you are right to be upset.  However, in a select number of panels, Samsung is now giving a 5-year warrantee for no additional cost.

0 Likes
Jaydeesank1
Journeyman
Options

What is a panel? Does this include older TVs?

0 Likes
Del6
Explorer
Options

Yeah they're having to do this as they know theres more and more people  having this problem but still refuse to admit there is an issue

Keep at em and write to watchdog 

0 Likes
Pango62
First Poster
Options
Me too. In the USA with 55" 4k Has this issue. Will never buy anything Samsung again. The weird part with my set is, it only has these spots when I am watching through my Fire TV and HDMI . I cut the cable off a few months ago so when watching OTA programing ,its through an antenna and coax. No purple blotches at all!! Can't figure it out. If it was a bad panel, It should have these blotches all the time.
0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

If you want to find out what is happening, run the TV diagnostics that are included in the setup.

0 Likes
Del6
Explorer
Options

If you want to find out what's happening really... Just read this thread

0 Likes