Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple dots on edge of screen?

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 10:06 AM)
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

KS7500 which I've had for around three years has developed purple patches on the edge of the screen. These only show when the TV is trying to display  brighter colours. 

Any hope or is it new TV o'clock?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @ad1994! Could you send a picture of the TV's screen showing these parple patches? Does it happen on every channel or programme you watch? Is the TV damaged in any way?

0 Likes
ad1994
Pioneer
Options
Hey, thanks for the reply. No damage to the TV, extremely protective of it.

It shows on all modes, TV, different channels and on each HDMI input device. It only displays clearly when showing very bright colours.

0 Likes
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20200615-231039.png

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @ad1994 , have you run a picture test on it? If not, go to the TV Settings> Support> Self diagnosis> Picture test and let me know the results.

0 Likes
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the reply. 

It does indeed appear on each of the three picture test's.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@ad1994: Thank you for confirming. This suggests that there is a hardware issue with the device, which will need to be inspected and repaired by an engineer. With this in mind, please reach out to our AV Team on 0333 000 0333 (9am-6pm, Monday to Sunday) where an advisor will be able to look at your available repair options. Please be aware that we are currently supporting essential repairs only, as per government advice, so you may be required to wait until lockdown restrictions have been lifted before we can proceed with a repair.
0 Likes
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. 

Will this be covered under warranty? It's a little disappointing that the TV has developed a hardware fault after only 2 and a half years. I love the TV, but surely the panel shouldn't fail like this after such a short amount of time? When I was sold the TV it was mentioned it had a 5 year warranty on the screen? 

I'm happy waiting for a repair given the circumstances, but this looks like the panel itself would need replacing, and it's likely to be a hefty sum to have this replaced. Unfortunately I don't have the money to do this, as I'd spent more than I was meant to on the TV in the expectation it would last a long time. 

Any help would be appreciated, hopefully this can be resolved as I absolutely loved the TV before it developed this artefact. 

0 Likes
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

Bump