Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 HDR blown out Q95t

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 10:16 PM)
MiloK
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have tried various settings on the PS5, such as RGB full, limited and HDR off.

On my TV, I have the latest firmware (the one that fixed the 6 minute dimming issue).

Game Mode is on, Input Signal Plus is on.

The brightness is overblown and the general colour is too bright and lacking contrast and depth with HDR on.

Without HDR:
https://i.ibb.co/wSZ7ttn/20201112-200245-HDR.jpg

With HDR:
https://i.ibb.co/5r3zvrH/20201112-200653-HDR.jpg

(Don't mind the file names that's just my phone)

HDR works perfect on PS4 and UHD Blurays but seems off here with PS5.

Any suggestions?

48 REPLIES 48
Gumpy321
Explorer
Options

Sony also need to sort out the HDR on PS5 in the way that they're forcing HDR on everything, even games that are native SDR.

Fortnite looks awful on the PS5 on my Q90T but on the Series X is fine as on the Series X you get the option in the dashboard to turn off auto HDR. 

Sony is basically forcing Auto HDR on everything and it's awful. They need to go back to the way it worked on the PS4 Pro where it would detect if the game was HDR and switch the TV to HDR. 

I know it's early days, but this was a massive oversight by Sony and they should've taken a page from Microsoft's book on how to implement HDR on this generation of consoles.

I would imagine this could be fixed with software fairly quick and they need to. 

0 Likes
JérômeWyss
Explorer
Options

Yes thanks, and do you have the 120hz?

0 Likes
Days
Pioneer
Options

Hi, in the options you need to change the 4K to -1 for 120hz. Also check in settings saved data then pre settings games, there You can change the frame rate mode or graphic mode. Does anyone had the q950t soundbar? How do i setup this for lpcm? Only have stereo 

0 Likes
ctcp
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. If i use a different HDMI port, what are the differences between HDMI 4 and the other ports? Only 120hz or any other differences?.

Please Samsung, FIX THIS.

Thanks.

0 Likes
JérômeWyss
Explorer
Options

Nothing change for me. I call Samsung and the issue are already here on my 8k Q900 with hdmi 2.1 and now I have graphics glitch in my ps5 menu in all hdmi sources...

0 Likes
ctcp
Apprentice
Options

Samsung, we need a fix for this problem.

0 Likes
_Frank83_
Journeyman
Options

The other ports are not HDMI2.1.

So the best you can get on the other ports because of bandwidth limitations is 4K HDR YUV422 ( so with color compression) at 60Hz and no VRR.

HDMI2.1 allows to get 4K HDR YUV444/RGB at 120Hz with VRR support. 

Right now it's not a big deal to use the other ports (actually I prefer to do so) because PS5 doesn't support VRR (will be updated in the future), the games that run at 120fps are just a few and the graphical compromises are not worth it for me and going from RGB to YUV422 (although technically there is some color compression) isn't really noticeable in real world applications unless you try specific test scenarios (things like a black screen with small monochromatic text).

But Sony/Samsung definetly need to fix the HDMI2.1 experience between PS5 and the QLED 2020 TV series.

We are not supposed to manually adjust the output everytime to be able to use the HDMI2.1 features (not to mention that I'm not even sure if doing so the internal HDR calibration of the PS5 needs be redone every time).

0 Likes
Alex2120
Journeyman
Options

I too from Italy have this problem, I hope that our problem will arrive at sony and samsung, and that they will solve it as soon as possible, guys try to call them and report this problem, and above all say that it is for all nations. Greetings from Italy 

0 Likes
JérômeWyss
Explorer
Options

And do you have littles graphics glitch in the main menu of PS5 only, not in game?

0 Likes
Alex2120
Journeyman
Options

I have graphics problems overall, even in games, I have the same white light effect as in the photos of the person who created the post, to get back to normal I also have to switch the 4k from -2 to automatic, but it's boring to do so whenever . 

0 Likes