Dominatez
First Poster
Options

Hi There,

I recently purchased a new:

Samsung UE40NU7120K

Samsung Series 7

Sofware Version 1007

I cannot get the TV to pick up the PS3. I have tried new HDMI leads (Just bought a new 4K lead) and it works great with my V6 box as does all my other HDMI leads.

The HDMI port no matter what one i use (1 to 3) shows the cable connected, but shows up saying to check the source or the HDMI is not connected.

I have tried the PS3 suggestion of Holding the power button on the PS3 down until you hear the bleeps and it switches to a mode to allow you to adjust screen settings, which is not showing up on the TV.

Shows up fine on my other TV, and it worked great on my old samsung 42" LED until it died about a month ago.

Any ideas, as i am stumped and tempted to return it to Samsung as it's not doing what it should be.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Mich77
First Poster
Options

Evening curious did you problem get solved? Currently having the same problem. 

ZachA
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Any luck finding a fix?

Londinium80
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a Samsung Ru7020 (2019 model) 55inches and the HDMI ports say no signal when inputting from PS3. The PS3 works totally fine using the same HDMI cable on a Dell Full HD screen. Please help. Thank you

Shadow251
Apprentice
Options

My TV is a Samsung Q7C

I have a Wii, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3.

The Wii and Xbox 360 show up as a source to go to when they are powered off.

The ps3 however does not. If i turn on the ps3 my tv will detect it and automatically switch to that source.

If i turn on my Xbox it does not do that.

I am confused.

How can i make it detect my ps3 as a source (or channel) to go to when the play station is off?

Also how can i make it NOT automatically switch to that source when it is turned on.

0 Likes
notTimo1
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I think it has nothing to do with cables, I think it's just Samsung blocking or not Supporting PS3 on new TVs. I have the same problem, I don't think there's something you can do about it.

Regards, 

notTimo

0 Likes
Mors88
Student
Options

I think I just figured it out. 
when the PS3 is off hold the power button on the console until the tv screen changes I had to use the av  cable for this $9.95 at gamesmen 

0 Likes
zadok
First Poster
Options

My au8000 has the same problem with HDMI detection. I have tried every trick, but it still doesn't work. 

0 Likes