Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 doesn't detect on my Samsung Smart TV. (I'd appreciate if I'd get an answer before Sunday.)

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 02:49 PM)
NikolozMchedlishvili
First Poster
Options

The PS3 was connected with its HDMI and AC power cable to a Samsung Smart TV. And to make the TV identify it, I pressed the HDMI 2 and classified the device type of the PS3 as a cable box.

I did all of this and it appeared in the TV, but later on another day, it didn't, the HDMI 2 stated "no signal". And so I thought I didn't remember something that I did the first day.

I tried changing the device type into all the options and in all HDMI numbers. I got out the HDMI cable from the PS3 and put it back in. None of it worked.

Any ideas what I can do to make my TV detect my PS3? I would appreciate if I could get an answer before Sunday.

8 REPLIES 8
Mors88
Student
Options

Same thing to me to just got the new qa65inch and wont recognise the hdmi or the av cables Samsung please help or I’m buying a Soniq

0 Likes
KoЯnChef
First Poster
Options

Just bought a New 8series TV.

Couldn't connect PS4 or 3.

For me, I run everything through a receiver.

I ran the troubleshoot function on the video HDMI connection and it fixed it.

I can run everything now.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Priya Jain
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am also facing a similar issue. Were you able to find the solution? I also need help with the same.

Thanks

0 Likes
KoЯnChef
First Poster
Options

My solve remains the same.  Each connection has a trouble shooter.

In my case, the HDMI was not being recognized by the new TV.  After running the trouble shooter for HDMI or was it video? 🤷

It worked.

Find the trouble shooter, run it.  It should work.

It seems the TV has issues recognizing connections.

0 Likes
Mors88
Student
Options

Hey can’t remember where I found it but all I had to do was stay on the what ever Chanel you have your ps on and keep you finger pressed on the power button it will beep a few times to try and adjust to the tv I kept doing it till it finally worked hope this helps 

0 Likes
Mors88
Student
Options

Hold power button on ps it will calibrate it hope this help 

0 Likes
KCribben
First Poster
Options

Experiencing a similar problem right now. PS3 worked fine 2 months ago. I moved and now my TV won’t recognize the console. Can’t run the troubleshooter because the TV doesn’t recognize anything is plugged into the port. Tried 4 different HDMI cables. What gives?

0 Likes
what8
First Poster
Options

i'm having the same issue. i'm about to buy a vizio or something because this is absolutely outrageous. this is supposed to be a quality, established brand and can't carry out basic HDMI functions. HDMI support has been around for over 20 years and a name-brand SMART TV can't even run it. count your days samsung

0 Likes