Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Q800T (8K) - High pitch noise while accessing smart tv apps only + TV feedback

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 08:53 PM)
Rex_1
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

1. Feedback -> The person who designed the TV should be given the feedback that the power cable prevents the users from easily installing TV on a slim wall bracket. Why would you start thinning the TV but have a power cable which is as thick as my old PC is beyond me. It sticks so much out that we are expected to create a custom hole on the wall to accommodate it sticking out.

2. Problem - High pitch noise

Chat Reference -> 2128173458,

Order Ref: ->UK5605996831,

Model -> QE65Q800TATXXU,

Software Version -> T-NKMDEUC-1403.1 , B6052200/B60202, BT - S

A really annoying high pitch noise starts ONLY when I use a smart TV app. Because of this, I had a engineer visit, replaced the original tv with another one and still it happens. It is not coming from speakers as when you mute the speakers you still hear the high pitch noise. Husband tried to troubleshoot this by disconnecting Network cable and other cables and problem still persists. Connecting via Wireless. The reason I bought the TV was because the apps video is upscaled which in turn gives us vibrant video, however the high pitch noise from the board is creating a negative experience. Last I chatted with one of Samsung reps was that they will be escalating the issue -(Thursday 12th) and I have not heard anything since. 

I wanted to put this in the community to ask people who have bought an 8K TV and getting high pitch noise when using Apps directly.

PS: This noise disappears when I access any external equipment via input connections like HDMI. so it seems like processing board somewhere!

31 REPLIES 31
CimOve
Journeyman
Options

Today I got an email from Samsung, titled "Answer to your question"
But in the email, there was no answer, just a new set of contact information, one of the being a new one so I have tried yet another time to contact them.
For me it's been almost 2 month now, and Samsung has still given no answer.
I fear to I'll end up in a replacement, and I would really like to not go through all that hassel.. 

kifoufr
Student
Options

Any news regading your call?

0 Likes
Örtell
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I have a QE75Q70RATXXC with the exakt problem. Ive been told to send the tv to Samsung but i know how swedish transports handle packages so i waited and talked to samsung instead. They told me today... that is perfectly normal for my tv to have this sound and its nothing wrong with it :smiling-face: how about that! Im returning the tv where i bought it and i will not own any samsung products ever again. 

0 Likes
Ie18
First Poster
Options

Last week I was looking for reviews on the Samsung65qled8k800tat and decided to buy it it took me 4 hours to finally fix just to no when using external apps thier is a annoying noise so gutted any news on what’s going on surly thier should be a software update some how it’s a joke for real 

0 Likes
Klint2
Apprentice
Options

I have the same noise on my 1 day old QE85Q80TATXXC bouth in Sweden. The dog starts barking when i start it up. Got the 1490. Will test with external source today but i would like to be able to use the internal apps.....

Tone is pocket change below 1kHz and in my room at 35dB.

Good to know that getting a new one makes no difference.

0 Likes
Örtell
Apprentice
Options

Tjenare mannen! Enligt Samsung är det lätet du upplever fullt normalt :winking-face: din tv ska tjuta högt... i alla fall, men jag stod på mej och skickade in den på service. Nu är den tillbaka och den är tyst och fungerar som den ska. Enligt verkstan va det inget fel på tv:n haha, men ändå bytte dom en "svagt tjutande nät/led i förebyggande syfte"....  

Klint2
Apprentice
Options

Super, då vet jag. Tack.

själklart nätdelsproblem och de görs massa apparater som inte tjuter i 920Hz. Väntar på resons här.

0 Likes
CimOve
Journeyman
Options

So, I finally got an email back from Samsung support, took only 4 months, and this was what I got back:

"I'm contacting you regarding your case with your samsung television: QE75Q800TATXXC
We've listened to your video of the television and rated this to be within the specifications.
The television can emit electric sounds and this is perfectly normal.
This is therefore not a product defect on your television"

So that's it I guess.... A TV to over 4.000$ is designed to make a high pitched noise that lowers the experience when using the smart hub APP's...

0 Likes
Klint2
Apprentice
Options

Got information that a new software would fix this issue.

0 Likes
mattgg
First Poster
Options
Its seem like a software issue rather than hardware or sound. Electricity running through a component. I changed the picture mode to dynamic as the screen is the biggest user of current. Seems to have worked for me for now. Bit counter intuative but there you go. I'd expect a software fix will follow
0 Likes