Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Q800T (8K) - High pitch noise while accessing smart tv apps only + TV feedback

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 09:33 PM)
Rex_1
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

1. Feedback -> The person who designed the TV should be given the feedback that the power cable prevents the users from easily installing TV on a slim wall bracket. Why would you start thinning the TV but have a power cable which is as thick as my old PC is beyond me. It sticks so much out that we are expected to create a custom hole on the wall to accommodate it sticking out.

2. Problem - High pitch noise

Chat Reference -> 2128173458,

Order Ref: ->UK5605996831,

Model -> QE65Q800TATXXU,

Software Version -> T-NKMDEUC-1403.1 , B6052200/B60202, BT - S

A really annoying high pitch noise starts ONLY when I use a smart TV app. Because of this, I had a engineer visit, replaced the original tv with another one and still it happens. It is not coming from speakers as when you mute the speakers you still hear the high pitch noise. Husband tried to troubleshoot this by disconnecting Network cable and other cables and problem still persists. Connecting via Wireless. The reason I bought the TV was because the apps video is upscaled which in turn gives us vibrant video, however the high pitch noise from the board is creating a negative experience. Last I chatted with one of Samsung reps was that they will be escalating the issue -(Thursday 12th) and I have not heard anything since. 

I wanted to put this in the community to ask people who have bought an 8K TV and getting high pitch noise when using Apps directly.

PS: This noise disappears when I access any external equipment via input connections like HDMI. so it seems like processing board somewhere!

31 REPLIES 31
Haakont
Student
Options

Hi! Bought this tv 2 days ago, and I am having exactely the same issue as you. This high pitched sound that comes on when using the integrated apps. External hdmi equipment works just fine. I can see that it is 6 days since you posted, have you found any solution?

Best regards,

Haakon

0 Likes
Rex_1
Apprentice
Options

Hi Haakont,

First TV got replaced and second TV also got the same issue. I am awaiting customer service callback as wanted a Samsung technical support to look at this rather than a repair company contracted for Samsung. I have found that the picture clarity on native apps are far better than watching through external equipment. However the high pitch noise is proving to be a bummer. I will keep you posted if I get to a solution. 

I would recommend calling Samsung support telephone number then asking them to help you 

0 Likes
CimOve
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue on my QE75Q800T model, and have had it since it bought the tv on 27.11.2020
Today I tried calling the service center, and was on the phone 3 times.
First try: Rebooting the Smart Hub, but that didn't help, high pitched noise still there.

Second try: Manuel install of the new firmware, version 1460, service center confirmed that the install was succesfull, but the high pitched noise still there.

Third try: Remote control of my tv, and a hard reboot of everything, but sadly the pitch noise is still there.

So now, I have filmed it and sent it to the support center, to hopefully se if they can fix it.
Paying so much for a tv, and having this kind of high pitched noise is not acceptable.
I'll update in here if I get any kind of help on my part.
If nothing helps, I'll have to return it...

Rex_1
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately I had to return TV and get a refund. Now gone to the OLED range :winking-face:

0 Likes
Haakont
Student
Options

Hi Cimove, 

Did you get any help from Samsung since you last posted? 

I just got the same answers as you did from the customer support. They also told me that I might had to wait for a new firmware update, and that this could might fix my problem. 

I think i might do as Rez_1 and return my TV to the retailer. 

Best, 

Haakon 

0 Likes
CimOve
Journeyman
Options

No, sadly not, Samsung has not responded yet.
I've talked with the retailer, and they will have a look at it i January (the offered to do it over the Christmas break, but I turned the offer down, as I want tv to use when I finally have some days off)

If, they can't fix it, i'll get a replacement one, but if a replacement have the same issue, I to will return i.
It's a TV they charge 40.000DKR for normally, that's +6.500USD (I know, Denmark is not cheap on TV's)

So it is just not acceptable for it to have this kind of pitch noise.

0 Likes
CimOve
Journeyman
Options

Still no replay from Samsung.
Talked to the support again today, but still "It's under investigation, we will return later"....

It's been 23 days for now...

0 Likes
kifoufr
Student
Options

Hi, sorry to disturb you i encounter the same issue on q800t  ( 2 tvs)... i read on samsung support for other country the same issue have been reported on q80t and resolved by software update.

Do you have some news?

Br.

0 Likes
kifoufr
Student
Options

Hi again,

After investigation, I saw  internal of Q900R on the web ( photos );  So my opinion on the issue is : at the bottom up ( right and left) there is two "swithing power supply" ( I hope is the correct translation) . This kind of power supply can generate this kind of noise.  And if we continue the thinking, the reason why this noise is heard only with built in app, is alway in my opinion, due to the fact of a processor must be activated to decode the stream from netflix,.. server and give the result to quantum 8K; So the usage of this processor increase the need of power so increase the usage of "swithing power supply" and cause the noise... If i'm in the good way this can not be resolved by software update 😞 , but more by a hardware replacement  😞

0 Likes