Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with new Samsung 8 series TV (2020)

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 10:33 PM)
dmart7
Journeyman
Options

I have a new (2020 model) 43TU8500 TV.  In a number of respects it has issues, none of which are found on my three year old 7 series TV.  I get the feeling that significant changes have been introduced, and not all have been implemented very well.  The first issue is that it cannot cope with dark scenes (and not just on Netflix!).  This can't really be corrected or mitigated, not least because there is no longer a Backlight setting, and the Brightness setting is already at or near maximum in all the Picture Modes except Dynamic.  Secondly, the Smart Hub does not respond to navigation promptly, especially for a few minutes after startup.  Delays can last several seconds.  Finally, all the menus, symbols and guides have been recast with a basic black background, in place of the previous white, and this has made them much less distinct. It appears unfinished.  Even in the programme guide, for example, you can't really see where programmes begin and end.  All this is more an observation than a question, but I wonder if other new 2020 TV models have any of these issues?  I have been through the issues with a Samsung support rep online, but he couldn't correct any of them. 

0 REPLIES 0