Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with Gaming mode and Input Plus

(Topic created on: 17-04-2022 10:32 AM)
Kendo Nagasaki
First Poster
Options
Hi, everyone. I have the qn94 and haev it set up with a PC using a 3080 graphics card.

When I have game mode on then there are only two picture settings available - "entertain" and "graphic". Which I believe is to minimise processing and maximise response rate.
If I switch game mode off then the rest of the picture optoins come up - fair enough. But if I have it on auto - I still only have the two options available, even though I'm not gaming and the gaming symbol is off. I'm on a PC, maybe the TV just assumes I'm gaming because I'm on a PC. Is that normal? I'm sure this did not happend before the last update.
Finally, I also have to switch off input plus mode to gain all those other picture settings (it comes on automatically in gaming mode).
I believe you need input plus on to use maximum bandwith and gain the better colours. Or is it just for hdr gaming?
If I have to switch on gaming mode manually each time I game then fair enough but I just need to know if I'm losing out on anything by having input plus switched off for when I'm watching TV/movies?
Hope these questions make sense to someone out there. Cheers

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Kendo Nagasaki
First Poster
Options

Can you clarify what you mean please?

0 Likes
Kendo Nagasaki
First Poster
Options

Thanks. Worked a treat. It's weird I can't get those picture settings unless I have gaming mode turned off. cheers

0 Likes
Kendo Nagasaki
First Poster
Options

Hi this works however how do I gain all those picture options on my PC input?

0 Likes
Kendo Nagasaki
First Poster
Options

Thanks I'll try it

0 Likes