Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems changing audio language on MKV file Samsung SMART TV.

(Topic created on: 18-12-2020 11:16 PM)
fens
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

How to change audio language on a movie from USB stick? For one movie it started to play audio track in languague i don't speak and it's very frustrating.

Same with subtitles. I know you can remove audio track in your PC but there must be a way to select audio track without removing others

TV model - Samsung UE43RU7172

70 REPLIES 70
TamerZourob
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Open the video from the usb and don't pause it keep it playing and click on options on below left corner and then you will be able to see and change audio language.

Best regards,

Tamer

0 Likes
IhorK
First Poster
Options

I had this issue and was able to fix it - but I use Synology NAS (Network Atteched Storage) so this can't be used for cases with USB. But my fix suggests that the issue is about how the file is being transfered to the TV.

So, I use NAS and I run DLNA server on it in my home WiFi network. Samsung Q67 is in the same network and can access DLNA server. During playback of any MKV file I didn't have option 'language of sound' in 'settings' at the bottom right corner - I only had 'Rotate' and 'Information' there. So I was examining the settings for DLNA server and found one checkmark 'Enable Video Conversion' which was enabled.

tmp.png

De-selecting (removing) this checkmark fixed the issue for me.  

Now I have 3 options in 'settings' menu during MKV video playback from this NAS: 'Rotate', 'Language of sound' and 'Information'.

0 Likes
Tommo11
Explorer
Options

The point is Samsung can fix this at any time with a software update. But they won’t. And clearly won’t listen to their customers. 

0 Likes
IhorK
First Poster
Options

I can't say anything about Samsung's intentions as I simply don't know anything about it. I can only confirm that in my case the issue was on my NAS software side and changing NAS settings fixed it and TV now play 4k from MKV without any issues.

0 Likes
Alchipotato
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with my UE55NU8005

SAMSUNG MUST fix this urgently with software update. 

0 Likes
logoff
First Poster
Options

that worked in my case. thanks!

0 Likes
Microwavedbunny
First Poster
Options

Dude you are a legend. Straight up. I even removed certain audio tracks and some how it was still using them and all sorts of stupid stuff but you my friend saved me.

0 Likes
Christophe78180
First Poster
Options

Old message but

I discovered I can't chose audio chanel or just  listen défault audio on some MKV file.

I edited file on conputer and keep only my selected language.

When I started on my Samsung 7125, TV write unsuported audio format.

Its mean, when there is 2 or more supported audio chanels you can select audio in setting (Bottom right icon)

If there is 2 chanel audio but only one accept, you can't change.

At the end, I understood its not pb in GUI but limited CODEC in AUDIO. 

0 Likes
guigasparotto
First Poster
Options

Thanks for that! I wonder who decided this would be a good idea...

0 Likes
DannyDimos
First Poster
Options

1 year later and still not update to fix this problem. I have a q80t I was wondering why on earth I couldn't choose the audio file to change the language. The audio codec is the same and it even lets me change subtitle language. After reading all the comments I was a bit annoyed to find out its lazy samsung software developers. And no DTS support??? What a joke that a TV from 2020 doesn't support DTS audio!

0 Likes