Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems changing audio language on MKV file Samsung SMART TV.

(Topic created on: 30-07-2020 02:18 PM)
fens
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

How to change audio language on a movie from USB stick? For one movie it started to play audio track in languague i don't speak and it's very frustrating.

Same with subtitles. I know you can remove audio track in your PC but there must be a way to select audio track without removing others

TV model - Samsung UE43RU7172

70 REPLIES 70
loyalphil
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem! Trying to play a MKV file that has two English audio tracks (normal, and descriptive audio). Guess which one is the one that the TV plays! Yes, descriptive audio, which is annoying if you don't need it...

0 Likes
loyalphil
First Poster
Options

*****, so that's it?! Is DTS just not supported?! How ridiculous, when most of the MKV video files use DTS! 😞

0 Likes
Tommo11
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately Samsung are pretty poor in this regard. No Dolby vision. It will be the last Samsung I buy. LG Sony or Panasonic next time. 

sakchai
Apprentice
Options

+1

0 Likes
DAMIS
Student
Options

Hey Samsung ... please do fast a FW update and add the option to select the audio track otherwise we all will soon buy Sony or LG instead ...

0 Likes
DAMIS
Student
Options

0 Likes
Tommo11
Explorer
Options

You think buying another bit of equipment to solve as issue easily fixed via a software update is a good idea? That’s a terrible idea considering I spent nearly £3000 on Samsung’s flagship Tv that can’t do what a £280 bedroom TV can do. 

Sony is by far the better TV in terms of capabilities and features. LG is high up there also. 

lessons learned I’ll never buy a Samsung device again don’t worry. 

ViRT1ST
Apprentice
Options

Thx, this works when playing. It really strange that this not working on pause.

Thiagors
First Poster
Options

Perfect, thank you! 

0 Likes
Disappointedsammy
First Poster
Options

This is unacceptable Samsung! Guess I'm returning my 7000 series tv and buying an LG instead. 

0 Likes