Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems changing audio language on MKV file Samsung SMART TV.

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 12:15 AM)
fens
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

How to change audio language on a movie from USB stick? For one movie it started to play audio track in languague i don't speak and it's very frustrating.

Same with subtitles. I know you can remove audio track in your PC but there must be a way to select audio track without removing others

TV model - Samsung UE43RU7172

70 REPLIES 70
AndrewL
Options
@fens: This will depend on whether the external file supports multi-track sound. While watching a video, press the select button > Options > Audio language, to explore your available options.
fens
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for info. But for the same files I can change languague on different brand TV's and PC but on Samsung one. I could even do it with my old samsung one using quick settings.
Mapispemata
First Poster
Options

Wtf is wrong whit this samsung *****? I play a video with 2 audio language from USB and i don't have an option for change this !!!!! Really? ***** you Samsung !!!!

Tommo11
Explorer
Options

Absolutely agree. 

my Q9FN won't be getting replaced with another Samsung. Their USB playback is miles behind the likes of LG. My LG plays more files option to select audio tracks and has DV 

sort it out Samsung 

AntS
Options

@Mapispemata , That's odd. What's the model number of your TV?

Like Andrew said above, it should work once playback has started by pressing the Enter key > [curser right to the "Cog" and click] > Audio language should be one of the options, along with Subtitle language. If there are mutliple languages and subtitle tracks on the video file they should be there to be switched between.

0 Likes
fens
Apprentice
Options

Please check the video in link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AKz01B_OLs&feature=youtu.be

fens
Apprentice
Options
Also, that remote was the only one in the box.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @fens . It appears that the file main track is in another language. As the TV is unable to pick other languages tracks this is displayed. Is this affecting all the mkv files? If so, I would suggest downloading an app on your computer that allow you to set the primary track to be the English one. 

0 Likes
Tommo11
Explorer
Options

What's that video. 

the file has multiple audio tracks and the option to change isn't there. Yet every other device other than Samsung can change it