Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Airplay through QuickTime to Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 30-11-2019 02:56 AM)
Mortenlm
First Poster
Options

Does Samsung series 7 smart tv with airplay support airplay through QuickTime on Mac?

it works fine if I directly mirror then screen, but if I try the airplay function through QuickTime then it only shows the connect screen on tv and the movie won’t start in QuickTime on the Mac.

i have succedeed with typing the connection code and normal mirroring works fine

20 REPLIES 20
MattJR
First Poster
Options

I have noticed the same problem. When streaming through my old Apple TV, I found that playing directly from Quicktime (rather than mirroring the whole screen) provided much, much better streaming. Would be nice to see that feature supported natively by Samsung.

b3no
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my Q90R TV. Mirroring the screen is so laggy. I would really love to see direct video playback support on the TV.

atali
Student
Options
I have the same problem. Q70 does not Airplay from quicktime. It works from Safari though ie can Airplay youtube videos.
daedalus867
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on a UE55RU7400 airplays just fine using youtube etc but won't play anything through quicktime player, really frustrating as most of what I want to airplay in the first place is through that particular player  and all I get is the black airplay screen. Looks like are have to go back to using my apple  tv box which kind of defeats the whole point of having airplay on the tv in the first place.

0 Likes
KexiBQ
First Poster
Options

Same issue on ue50ru7200u. 

0 Likes
johnprice
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with 

QN82Q60RAFXZA

I just have a 'connect to Samsung' screen my iPhone works perfectly, screen mirroring on all devices, seems like it may be a quick time issue, when I first used the TV it worked with QuickTime so I might need to back date my QuickTime,  I'll report back if I have any luck. 

johnprice
Journeyman
Options

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 9.30.03 AM.png

0 Likes
johnprice
Journeyman
Options
Update, I used AppleTV app on my iMac and it plays as a separate display without mirroring, reinforcing the fact its QuickTime at fault here, Catalina won't allow you to change Quicktime Player version so I'm not sure what else to do. I opened the .mp4 in the AppleTV app and thought this was a solve but an error message came up saying it can't be streamed to this device. So close
0 Likes
johnprice
Journeyman
Options

Not sure what movie formats will work in AppleTV app that can stream but .mp4 and .mkv don't work but .mp4 will play on you desktop

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 11.11.02 AM.png