Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM CONNECTING TO WIFI ON NEW SMART TV IN A RESIDENTIAL HOME SETTING

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 07:20 PM)
Members_I6CqkAC
First Poster
Options

Hi really hoping someone smarter than me can figure this out.

I recently purchased  SAMSUNG - UE43TU7100KXXU 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV for my dad in a care home so he can use NowTv to get sky football and use the BT Sport App.

We can connect to the care home wifi on our phones, laptop and ipad. But not the brand new samsung smart tv. We set the tv up at our house  making some changes to it to help my dad. We had no problem with it connecting at our house.  I contacted samsung and did an online chat with them. We connected the tv through my phone using a mobile hotspot.  This worked no bother. They said there must be a problem with the router . But thats not really true cause we can connect with our phones etc. Its a real puzzle but a real problem as this tv was bought so my dad could be bt sport and sky sports.

I have tried a few suggested fixes found on google but still no success.  I have taken tv back to factory settings - everything.  Any help would be amaaaaaaazing!

Thank you 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
mermii
Journeyman
Options
I had a problem connecting to my home WiFi where it would keep trying connect.oh and get hot.i reset the router the it worked
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Members_I6CqkAC. When you're connecting to the Wo-Fi at the care home, are you given the option of 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz for the router? 

0 Likes
Members_I6CqkAC
First Poster
Options

I am  not given an option no. Where would I see  this option? on the tv screen? Sorry |I am not techy so don't really understand what this means? Thanks 

0 Likes