Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Prime Video stopped working

(Topic created on: 11-02-2019 01:12 AM)
Oldyellr
Journeyman
Options

I have a Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Recently the Prime Video app stopped working. Sometimes it would just load forever, then tell me there is insufficient bandwidth, although there is plenty. Other times it would load the series I've been watching, The Grand Tour, but none of the episodes will play.  About a week before this started happening  I had to change my Amazon password but that caused no problem, until now. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. If so, how can I update my login and password on the app?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Oldyellr
Journeyman
Options

I'm set to auto-update and the software is 1262.0, the latest.  After struggling with this for a couple of weeks and getting Samsung email support,  we found the solution.  I had to go to my Amazon Prime Video settings on the web and de-register my TV. Then start the Prime Video app on the TV and sign in again and it worked.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Let's just check on a couple of things @Oldyellr. What's the current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Are all your other apps working OK?

0 Likes
Solution
Oldyellr
Journeyman
Options

I'm set to auto-update and the software is 1262.0, the latest.  After struggling with this for a couple of weeks and getting Samsung email support,  we found the solution.  I had to go to my Amazon Prime Video settings on the web and de-register my TV. Then start the Prime Video app on the TV and sign in again and it worked.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news @Oldyellr! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
Jamest
First Poster
Options
Thanks. That also worked for me, with my UN55NU6900 with update ver 1202.5
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly updating to latest firmware and deregistering/reregistering can solve some issues.

General Troubleshooting guide  with some further steps such as  restarting Device here   Prime Video Help 

Note that Live Streaming not compatible with pre 2015  Samsung sets :   Prime Video- Live streaming 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JustMarie
First Poster
Options
I found this thread as my Prime Video stopped working on my Samsung Smart TV. I went into Prime Video and Deregistered my TV but it says to Enter the code shown on your TV or device to register it with your Prime account. This is what I cannot find as when I click on the Prime Video app it does not give me a code. Very frustrated....any help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JustMarie When using Prime on  Smart Tv the code should appear on the Tv screen.  Can you unplug and restart to see if that makes a difference.   Have you also ensured you have the latest firmware?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.