Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime and Disney+ not playing

(Topic created on: 10-01-2023 09:31 PM)
LC8319
Apprentice
Options
I have 2 Samsung TVs, both 7 series. For a week or so now, I am unable to play anything on Prime and Disney on my TV in my living room. I believe its because the apps need updating, but there is insufficient storage space. I have no installed apps on the TV other than the ones that are pre installed and I cannot delete. 

How am I able to run these apps when I can't update or delete apps that I don't use? My other TV I have a firestick, so don't seem to have this problem with those apps in particular. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @LC8319 Does your Tv have the latest firmware, you have not named the model but can check on Samsung support https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ 

However if there is a lack of storage space I would suggest a Flash Reset:

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on
1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
2. Release the button
3. press the powerbutton on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while. This is the flash reset and many customers found it provided a solution by increasing the available storage.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

LC8319
Apprentice
Options
That seemed to have worked... prime and Disney are now working although I'm still down on storage
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right,has the available storage increased at all? Glad though that the Prime/Disney issue seems to be resolved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
LC8319
Apprentice
Options
It says I have 6mb space left. For some reason, it has reinstalled the apps I deleted? And I'm now having the same issues again. It says it needs 118mb to update 🤷🏻‍♀️
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Are you able to delete and if this does not make any difference I would suggest a Factory Reset. Whilst may not make a difference could try Rebooting Tv and Router. Unplug for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting.

0 Likes