Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 03:56 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Bang on. The only thing he / she forgot was to give a product link...

farkashon
First Poster
Options

Actually, I am in marketing.
I need to pay attention not to have it take over my life 😂

Anyway - I just wanted to make sure people don't miss it because it can save a lot of time and frustration. I initially thought about trying another cable, but reading online gave me the impression that even old cables should be fine with eArc. Only after trying all the rest and almost giving up I tried it and it worked. 

0 Likes
Paddy7575
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have Problems too with The Frame 2020 and Beosound Stage. Sound stops after 2-3 min. 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

It's expected. All the models from 2019 to 2021 have problems.

0 Likes
Carolina24
Student
Options

Hi.  I'm curious if you had any luck here.  I bought a new Samsung TV and B&O Stage.  I get a random issue where the sound just stops during some streaming (peacock, YouTube, etc) where it is working then it just stops entirely.  I am wondering if I need to return the TV and get the LG since that is what B&O is designed to work with.  Appreciate any thoughts.

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Do it. Do not think more about it. Believe me, I have done everything possible. I have tried using various high quality HDMI cables (8K certified). Nothing works. I can only get sound out of the Samsung if I disable eARC and leave it as ARC. In the end, I use an Amazon Firestick for all streaming. A great disappointment.

0 Likes
swemichael08
Apprentice
Options

First I should try changing to a better HDMI cable. I had one cheap 4K HDMI cable with similar isaues. Then I got a premium 4K cable on amazon with great reviews and after that on intermettent issues so important to have good quality cables on e.g 4k and atmos content with high data requirements

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

I've got a QN900A in replacement of a Q800T. One of the issues that I reported was exactly this: eARC + built-in apps = randomized sound loss.

Surprisingly, it happened even in my new TV under that same conditions. 

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

If you only pass audio through that cable, that's enough. Don't waste your time.

0 Likes
swemichael08
Apprentice
Options

I have sold both my Samsung TVs and now have Sony and Philips instead and they works perfecly with all formats including vision and atmos decoding through earc too my Pioneer atmos recevers and Xbox... Not regretting I left the Samsung TVs with all the issues.

0 Likes