Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 03:56 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
Hernan4Gov
Journeyman
Options

ChrisM - Can you provide any information on timing?  (Days, weeks, months?)

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No timescale as yet, @Hernan4Gov. We'll post on here as soon as we have any further info.

JSD1990
First Poster
Options

Hmmm, very interesting. I sure hope so! Same issue for me as everyone else. 2020 65" Samsung Frame I just purchased with my Sonos Arc. NO ATMOS... BUMMER!

Arthur_Dent74
Explorer
Options

Same problem.  Not good.  

Arthur_Dent74
Explorer
Options

Any update on this?

JimmyD1
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue with my brand new Q95T and my brand new sonos Arc . Soundbar is effectively useless . Either or both manufacturers should be disclosing this , as should reviewers such as What Hifi !

Arthur_Dent74
Explorer
Options

Chris, seems like it’s either hardware or software.  If it’s software, you’d have a patch by now.  If it’s hardware, is Samsung going to fix/replace all the impacted 2020 TVs? 

SONOSARC
Journeyman
Options

I would hope so! There’s going to be a lot of disappointed customers if not. 

NiclasA
First Poster
Options

What's the latest news from Samsung? 

Same problem here with 2 new The Frame 2020 and 2 new Bang & Olufsen Beosound Stage with Atmos. Atmos works fine with 2 old Apple TV's but not with Samsung Smart TV, if it can be called that. Why isn't there an update yet? Would be an easy fix but probable it won't work at all with the 2020 models? Every year a new version/model is released with a new Smart TV platform, why don't they make better platforms that can be updated? The only reason I bought 2020 The Frame was because of the e-arc and now this dosen't work. Have anyone here been in contact with Samsung recently? And why can't anyone get a good answer? 

0 Likes
jbarajasp
First Poster
Options

same issue here, please fix it... i just spend 6k on 2 frames because they advertise earc but its not functional

0 Likes