Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 03:26 AM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
Carolina24
Student
Options

Thanks...I'm pretty disappointed to find this out.  I just bought the TV so I am going to return it as there doesn't seem to be anything I can find to address.  I appreciate you replying.

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

My sole regret is not returning the unit in the timeframe as I was looking for solutions with other cables, different connections, possible fault with my receiver, unable to believe it could be such a problem with a high-profile manufacturer.

Good hunting!

0 Likes
Crusto
Apprentice
Options

Hi Everybody,

Samsung Q95T.

Sony HT-A7000

Sony UBP X800M2d

I stumbled across this thread after recently experiencing the same kind of issue and looking it up. It's alive and kicking! I thought I'd resurrect this and share the whole woeful experience with you all.

I bought my Q95T in May 2020, purely for 120 Hz and EArc functionality. 

It's rook me until last month to get in the position to upgrade my AV setup to one which uses EArc. And guess what, it doesn't work correctly.

I have the Sony HT-A7000 soundbar and try as I might I just cannot get it functioning correctly via E-ARC

Every time I switch on the TV the soundbar doesn't power up with it. If in the rare event it does, it does so without any sound.

Most times I have to power it on manually but even then there's no sound. 

Once it eventually handshakes there are problems with sound cutting in and out. And another strange issue when watching UHD blu rays over E-ARC. The Sony BD player shows Dolby true hd 7.1 being input but Dolby true hd 2.1 being output.

Naturally, the issue goes away the second I connect directly to one of the other HDMI inputs on the soundbar. 7.1 in and 7.1 out.

I've tried different cables etc and absolutely nothing I do rectifies the issue.

Initially I was convinced the soundbar was the problem. So I exchanged it for a new one and tested E-Arc functionality in the store on a Sony TV. Everything worked like clockwork. I bring the soundbar home and nothing has changed.

After remote connection and subsequent testing of my TV Samsung have agreed everything is set up correctly. They advised a factory reset which I did. This didn't cure the issue.

Samsung then redirected me to Curry's for a resolution. Curry's have been even less helpful. In 3 weeks I've gotten nowhere with either company.

Needless to say, I'll never buy another Samsung product, or any product from Curry's.

Absolutely woeful service. Samsung are selling products based on lies. Curry's are completely inept in all departments.

My next stop is trading standards as the way I see it I've been conned out of a hard earned £2200.

Cheers :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Mark Evo
Apprentice
Options

I'm in exactly the same boat. Purchased my Q95T55 in December 2020 and a few months later purchased a Sonos soundbar. I setup my new items and was very pleasantly surprised by the picture quality and sound from my new equipment until I turned my TV off. I decided to watch some TV, turned it on only to find that I had no sound?. I played around with the settings & finally got the sound back on until I powered off my TV again. I returned my Sonos soundbar thinking that it was faulty and refused a replacement Sonos. I decided to pre- order the Bose 900. A few weeks later it arrived and I soon discovered that the sound problem did not get resolved!

After months of Samsung conversations and multiple TV resets, I still have the problem. I spoke to John Lewis regarding the 6 year warranty. They sent multiple engineers with multiple parts to fix my faulty TV. Anyway after X2 one connect box mainboards and X2 TV screen mainboards and the engineers from two companies, I was told it was a soundbar issue, even though I advised them that I had already replaced the soundbar wtf??

I am sick of this sh*t, I have paid £2500 for an entertainment kit that has done nothing but stress me out!!!.

I want my TV fixed or replaced by either Samsung or John Lewis and I am willing to go down any legal avenue I need to, to resolve this problem.

SAMSUNG OR JOHN LEWIS YOU NEED TO EITHER GET THIS RESOLVED OR REPLACE MY FUC*"*ING TV!. SAMSUNG SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR ADVERTISING AND SELLING A POORLY EQUIPPED TV AND NOT GETTING A WORKING SOFTWARE FIX, POOR POOR SUPPORT.

0 Likes
Crusto
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mark,

Keep the faith and dig your heels in with John Lewis. It took me until May but I finally got a full refund from Currys in the form of a voucher . This was after sending the TV to them 3 times for "repair and it coming back the same as it left l". It's simply not fit for purpose. I ended up with a Sony XR65X95J and it's been fantastic. Works perfectly.

I'll never buy another Samsung product. 

Samsung, more like Samdung

Mark Evo
Apprentice
Options

Hi Crusto, thank you for your support. I will not only avoid Samsung TV's in the future, I will avoid every other product too. It's a shame as I bloody pre ordered and received the Watch 5 Pro. Going forward, I will not even entertain Samsung products. They can't fix the problem and definitely would not admit to the world, that certain TV models have a major known fault! 

0 Likes
Sharkey145
Student
Options

I have the q95t and don’t have earc nor hdmi 2.1 

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

I reluctantly welcome you to the club. There is nothing you or they can do to help you. I would say the best bet is an Amazon Firestick plugged directly into your receiver to bypass the TV's deficiencies

0 Likes
Mark Evo
Apprentice
Options

Finally got some sort of resolution. John Lewis offered me a replacement Sony TV (I refused) so they offered £1049 refund. I have had the samsung for nearly 2 users, so I accepted. They are collecting it on Friday.

Crusto
Apprentice
Options

That's great Mark. You can get something of similar spec, which works for that amount quite easily. Happy it worked out for you.

0 Likes