Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 03:51 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
WATTS1204
Explorer
Options

All working on same settings with pass through / linear on Netflix and others so if it gets stuck unplug TV and switch on DO NOT JUST TURN IFF AND ON TOU HABE RO FORCE A PEOOER REBOOT OF TELEVISION TO RESET THE STUCK AUDIO / corrupt audio setting on TV.

Quality seems superior on pass through and eArc for compressed sources too how strange. Maybe a placebo?

hope this helps some people 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

No problem. It seems that they did something to partially fix the issue on certain models. In case of my Q800T it's not working at all. I'm having sound drops if eARC is enabled and when using internal apps, and can't passthrough 5.1 or 7.1 from the Series X.

WATTS1204
Explorer
Options

Well I still get occasional sound drop outs but I can cope with them. The big issue was when it got stuck not playing any audio on pass through which it does from time to time and I have to either turn the tv off at the plug or sometimes I can switch sources and it starts working again. Potential is there just Samsung need to hire more skilled developers and they have cracked it. Also i want all ports HDMi 2.1 not a silly break out box.

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Nothing was fixed. I'm still having cutouts when using built-in apps and eARC is enabled. With eARC off it doesn't happen.

So, eARC is broken.

0 Likes
Jocke
Journeyman
Options

The same for me, nothing has changed. I don’t think Samsung will ever fix this, and I don’t think I will buy a Samsung TV again. 

El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

The most disappointing fact is that despite all the comments on this topic and several others, Samsung seems uninterested in offering any solution to the problem. I read on another topic here that someone had the TV changed for a newer model and that one worked. My suspicion is that it is a hardware fault. That is to say, the HDMI port is defective. They say nothing to avoid having to replace countless units.

I have said elsewhere and I repeat, I will never buy another Samsung TV. Anyone I know who is buying a new TV will be advised of this. It is so frustrating that I have to deactivate e-ARC to be able to watch the television despite it being connected to a brand new, high quality receiver.

Anyone who reads this and is still in the period of warantee, return the TV and buy another brand

0 Likes
Xavier77323
Explorer
Options

I haven’t been active here but, still manage to see complaints about eARC. Lost my energy because of this problem. If any of you still contacting support about this, you can use this image to ask them about it. Frankly it doesn’t make sense to me how in the message the person responded LPCM cannot be used “through HDMI e-Arc”. Like what’s the point of adding eARC in the tv.

The message was sent to me 1st feb as shown below.

52DC5465-9BAC-4149-831F-1D57434A1DE2.png

mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

The thing is that this is always confusing. First, there's complete silence from Samsung. When we reach support they say that no one else in the entire world has reported such issue. Second, HDMI 2.1 issues: screen flickering when using VRR in some cases, sound drops/cutouts when eARC is enabled, even when reproducing non-demanding content, etc.

Could Samsung please tell us which HDMI 2.1 feature really works in these TVs? I spent 3000€ on a faulty TV, and the only thing that they did is void my warranty because I did a factory reset through the service menu... well played Samsung. That's easier than recognizing that you are lying to all your customers.

And of course, even if they fix these issues, this is my last Samsung product. Period.

0 Likes
farkashon
First Poster
Options

You wouldn’t believe what worked for me!
*** Try a different HDMI cable ***

I had the exact same issue on my new 75’’ Samsung QN90A. 
Nothing worked. I tried everything mentioned here. 

Then I tried the HDMI cable that came with the Sonos Arc, instead of the other I had connected. Poof! Everything worked instantly. The TV notified me it detected a Dolby Atmos device, and everything was in sync. 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Sure. I like your marketing speech.