Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 08:06 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
Elrao
First Poster
Options

If you haven't already, try turning eARC "off" under advanced sound settings.  Then turn both TV and sound bar off at the wall and then turn them back on again after 15 secs or so to ensure fully powered down.

You only need to even attempt to get eARC to work (i.e. set to Auto) when you are using a lossless audio source plugged in to your TV.

0 Likes
Jayze1988
Journeyman
Options

Changing the subject abit, but i have a q95t. The picture is grainy, pixalted, and glitches alot! Ive tried everything. Nothing works anyone had this issue? 

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Please don’t change subject/thread hijack - if you could start a new thread to discuss this I’m sure people will chime in and help.

0 Likes
Rumpel_
Student
Options

Hi all,

I also have a Q800T and a Sonos Arc.

No setting works for me. I always get interruptions of the sound every 10-20 seconds when using the soundbar.

Also switching eARC off doesn't solve the issue.

And from the Samsung Service I only receive some generic solution suggestions like restarting, reseting, update, etc.

And to my escalation there was no response yet.

Does anyone has a case number or something like that than can be referrenced to?

0 Likes
Elrao
First Poster
Options

Have you tried updating firmware on both devices?  For my TV I had to download the firmware from the Samsung website, and use the USB method.  Checking for updates through the TV showed it was the latest version (which was not the case, it was two versions old).

Any service person will always start with ensuring you are on the latest firmware, and that you did a reset after installing it - am afraid you have to play the game to some extent.  

What source are you playing when you have cut outs?  Are there any sources that work?

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

In my case, after the actions made by the support engineer, the sound drops 3 times per day. Before that, once per week.

0 Likes
Rumpel_
Student
Options

Both devices have the latest firmware.

I have it when I stream from the playstation as well as when I use Netflix or Amazon Video on the the Samsung TV.

I also now received the information from support that Samsung is working with Sonos to solve the issue. But nothing more helpfull.

0 Likes
SONOSARC
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone list off some TVs that the Sonos arc does work properly with please. I want to replace my Q95T but have no idea what will work as I’ve also heard on here that LGs flagship models have issues too. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks. 

0 Likes
mdiiorio
Voyager
Options

Support here in Spain finally told me that this is a known issue that's going to be fixed through a firmware update, but the manufacturers (Sony, Sonos, etc.), should also do their part.

0 Likes
SotirisGR
Journeyman
Options

Hello to all.

I have a Samsung Q95 tv and recently just bought a Q950T samsung soundbar and constantly have issues with eARC.

I have connected them through HDMI 3 port of one connect box using the HDMI cable that came along with the soundbar.

However, I keep seeing TV ARC on the display of the soundbar instead of eARC.

I have made tons of attempts :

• changing settings (turning on/off the eARC feature and the same with other settings)
  • disconnecting and reconnecting the two devices and all other devices I have connected in one connect box (2 cable tv boxes, one WD media player and one old playstation 3)
  • switching on and off the tv and soundbar
  • checked the firmware of both tv and soundbar

Sometimes by some of the above combinations I get it to work and show eARC but after I close the TV and open it on again the next morning we are back at square one (TV ARC shown instead of eARC)

I also have to say that even when I have eARC on, even if it is not working since TV ARC is shown on soundbar, I have sound (instead of other reports I saw around here about not having sound when you have eARC on).

Does anyone has any clue what I can try and solve this thing?

I have seen other reports here that other users have similar issues but most of them I think report that they have different brands of TV and soundbar (mostly SONOS i think).

It is really frustrating not getting a TV and soundbar of the same company to work!

Thanks!

0 Likes